4*

Alfie knocked herself out laying on the concrete. But her deserved beauty sleep, despite still being bound, is disturbed when Matt is dropped to the ground and is disconnected from the chains. JJ protests in whatever they had planned but to be honest Alfie didn't even have the strength to lift her head. As Matt was pulled away to a side door and Askari started counting down for her to obey JJ kept pleading for him to stop. Tears stream down her eyes until he hits one and a loud bang erupts through the room.

Alfie holds in her tears. Matt Cruz was a pain in the ass and sucked at flirting with her, but she knows he didn't deserve death. She flinched slightly at the gun shot rattling the chains.

"Let her down."

Alfie knows Askari is going to use the death of Cruz to get her to submit to him. JJ drops to the floor gasping loudly.

"Not her, please," Alfie sits up with glazed eyes. Askari looks at her cracking a sick and twisted smiling before walking out the door.

———
———

"When the war broke out it looks like Askari's talent were recruited by the regime to break potential informants as well as capture U.S. troops."

Everyone in the room looks up to Emily as she speaks. Sonny furrows his brows scratching the corner of his lip. "So Askari works for the highest bitter. That's reassuring."

"How does a guy who tortured U.S. soldiers get drafted to our side?" Asks Derek.

With a couple of clicks of the computer Sonny's attention is drawn to Garcia. "Wait, I might know that. I uploaded that ghost file to my private cloud server... the order was given by Chief Cruz."

Sonny and the others clench their jaws at the news of Cruz's betrayal.

"Why would Cruz enlist a man like Askari?"

"He needed a high ranking partner to put him in position," Reid answers Blake.

"So what are we saying? Cruz and Askari were working together?"

"Then the girls are in more danger than we thought."

———
———

Alfie manages to pull herself just a little bit closer to JJ but not enough to touch her. She hears her low whimpers and her quietly talking to herself. Well, so someone not there. She whispers Emily's name under her breath making her frown.

She watches her friend talk to the imaginary friends before her. Assuming the images have changed, she now talks about Matt. She's hallucinating and that's not good.

She feels for her friend worried for her healthy. Alfie took most of the beatings as she had the mental strength from the Army. Askari knew that when she was asked to help on the mission. He knew he could do anything to her but it would be a long while before she broke.

She shakes her head falling back on the concrete floor staring at the ceiling. She's slowly running out of hope.

"Save us," she whispers.

———
———

Proving a theory Reid runs back to the circle table. "Cruz never officially put his name in for Section Chief."

"We'll somebody did."

By now the rest of the BAU are standing around the table with Sonny pacing back and forth thinking about everything they've learned so far.

"Or he pulled strings, called in favors to get close to JJ and Alfie."

"Emily, you saw them both during this time. Did they ever mention Cruz or details of the investigation?"