24

It's been yet another two months since that night at the bar. April 22nd has arrived and now it's time for the wedding.

All the men and women crowd the alter with Sonny standing at the end. Aphrodite had managed to get ahold of Barba and he did stand in front by the others. She had also got told news that sparked her with happiness. Emily two was able to escape Interpol for the day and join the others on the alter. Their color scheme turned to be a dazzled with bright and dark reds. The irony considering their jobs. Through Mama Carisi planned the perfect bouquet including beautiful rays of red, pink and white.

Rossi stands at the back with the Serafina and Rossi. Since her parents are both gone and she's an only sibling, she asked both man and woman to walk her down the aisle. She felt like she owed them that honor after all they've done for her.

She's fighting back the tears staring down at the floor. "Is everything okay, piccolo?" Rossi asks. She looks up to the ceiling trying to not ruin the makeup Amanda plastered onto her.

"I-uh, I just wish my mom was here." She peaks down the aisle seeing the empty seat left in the front. The spot reserved for her mother.

He blushes a thumb under her eye swiping away the nearly she'd tear. Dave smiles down at her placing both hands on her shoulders. "She's always been with you, piccolo, in your heart. She's here in your heart. She never left you and she never will. Believe in that."

She sniffles looking at him with a small upturn of her lips. "Thank you..." she trails off debating if she wants to say what she's want to.

It's no lie that Dave serves as both the work dad and granddad. Dad second to Aaron do to his leadership. Though she always had a close connection with Dave despite not being expressed clearly. He was always there for her for someone to go to and talk to when things got rough. Sonny knew it long before when he made his first appearance in D.C too. She doesn't believe she ever had a father, but Dave kind of just magically swooped in and filled that spot, the empty hole in her heart.

"Um, Rossi?" He nods waiting for her to continue. "I never had much of a father figure in my life, but standing here right now something just came to me." She pauses looking between his eyes. "You were always there for me through the highs and lows. I um, if it's okay with you I'd like to call you dad..."

She trails off looking back down to her shoes not wanting to hear the rejection. Instead he picks her chin up with his finger pulling her into a hug. "You can call me whatever you want, Alfie. I always saw you as a daughter."

His words almost make her cry. "Now," Serafina says walking in between the two. She had watched the interaction from afar. "I hate to spoil this father-daughter moment but it is time to get you down that aisle, dear."

She laughs lightly at the older woman. She takes her place in front of the wooden doors preparing for the walk. Her laced slim fit floor length dress reaching her toes. Her bare shoulders as a gust of wind hit them made her shiver. Serafina fixes the back end of the dress while Dave adds the tiara based vail not covering her face. She truly looks like a princess in his eyes.

The doors prop open with Serafina and Dave on each side. At the first sight of Aphrodite even from the back Sony starts to tear up. He covers his face with his sleeve turning away for a split moment before Barba chuckles taking him by the shoulders and spinning him around to face her.

"I hate you," he whispers.

Barba grins, "I know."

As they reach the front Rossi kisses her cheeks as does Serafina before both taking their spots. Sonny extends a hand to which she takes standing in front of him.