23

It's bright and early in Manhattan two months later. It has come the time for Carisi to leave SVU and pursue his career in law.

It's been a long time coming but he couldn't be happier. Especially with his love at his side.

Earlier in the month Aphrodite had traveled her way back to New York surprising her friends early in the morning before their shift started.

Flashback...

After the conversation with Hotch she waited a couple days before informing the team of the life changing news. Of course they were deeply saddened but they understood. They were utterly grateful for the time they've had with each other. Besides, Alex Blake took her leave from the team and now they benefit having a new badass woman on the team, Kate Callahan. They are lucky to have a such intelligent woman on their team.

Carisi helped her with the packing one weekend. Penelope and JJ got some of her wall decor while Derek took some of the furniture since he was due for some new ones. The rest was dropped at a goodwill or taken with her.

She moved in with Carisi. Most people would think you're too optimistic to just walk into your old place of employment asking for your job back, but weeks earlier in secret she had already talked to Olivia.

So in a weeks time, having time to just her and Sonny, she took Sonny's old desk. She kept some of his things on the desk while adding some of her own including a frame picture. Penelope volunteered to take their engagement photos so one weekend before she left and Sonny had time she took them for her. In the picture they kiss lovingly with her ring finger showing her ring clear as day.

Olivia gave her the week as a engagement gift. She'd keep her return a secret for now until she shows up. And she kept that promise.

The one morning Sonny had drove her to the precinct early before her shift where she and Olivia caught up on more lost time. Eventually everyone started piling into the precinct jaw dropped at the sight of her.

"What are you doing here!" Amanda asks seeing Aphrodite with her feet kicked up on the desk.

"Oh me? I'm just sitting at my desk waiting for my slowpoke partner to arrive."

With teary eyes Amanda looks up to Olivia. "She's the new partner you told me about?" She nods in return with a beaming smile.

Nick came up behind her wrapping a arm around her chest planting a kiss on the top of her head. He smiles happily. "Welcome back, Sinclair."

She grins up at him, "good to be back, Amaro."

Since then everything has gone smoothly. Aphrodite fit right back into to her New York home filled with her family and to be husband. She fights the crime she knew she was bound to do. Serial killers are fun and all but something about rapists tips her off so much she loves the job more. Especially if it means catching the guy before they have a chance to kill their first victim. There's something so gratifying about it.

Sonny sits on Aphrodites desk after a long case waiting for the paperwork to be finished. He decides he would finish his paperwork tomorrow when he has a free day. In the mean time he feels overjoyed at the fact he and the crew are able to go out together like the old times.

Amanda links arms with Aphrodite and the six of them are off to a local bar where they talk casually and drink together.

"So," Olivia says putting down her drink, "do you guys have a date yet for the wedding?"

Nick slaps Olivia's arm lightly. "It's been, what, only two months." He then pauses before side glancing at Sonny. "Did you?"

Both of them chuckle at him. Aphrodite puts her drink down swallowing. "Uh, yeah, actually we did."

"Really! When?" Who knew Amanda could be so energetic while drinking.

"Weather permitting, we're hoping for April 22nd this year," Sonny says.

Fin drops his jaw, "that's two months away!" He looks to Aphrodite, "how do you find to plan all of it?"

She shrugs, "it's simple really. I have an excellent soon to be mother-in-law and sister-in-laws. There close with the church so they're actually doing almost all the planning for us."

"Alfie's not wrong," Sonny doesn't deny, "as much as we want to help they want to do it on their own. They say they already know us so well they already know what to get. My mother is a bit over the top but my sisters are keeping her in check."

She chuckles at her fiancé, "we chose the earliest date we could get in with the church. As Olivia knows I scheduled off for the weekend and the week after as has Sonny. We just want to get married and get it over with."

"What about dresses and suits?"

"We're trying to keep it casual. We already know the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. Well... I still need to get ahold of Barba but I'm not having any hope there."

"Precisely why I will be making the call," Aphrodite scoffs, "God knows he'll never answer you."

Amanda shakes her arm like a fussy child. "Who's standing up in the wedding." Her eyes look pleadingly hoping for a quick answer.

She smirks at her pinching her cheek like a little kid. "I'm so glad you asked." Amanda slaps her hand away rolling her eyes earning a genuine laugh from the others. "Amanda," she gets serious looking her dead in the eye, "will you be my maid of honor?"

She bites back a smile. "I'm surprised it took you this long to ask," she says cockily.

"Oh, shut up. So?"

"Yes, yes, I'll be your maid of honor."

She smiles sweetly in return. "Thank God. Anyways, Liv, Sonny's sisters, JJ and Pen will be my bridesmaids."

Nick nudges Sonny. "What about you?"

"Sorry, but I already asked my brother-I'm-law to be my best man. Though I'm hoping I can convince you two to be groomsman."

"Hell yeah!"

"I'm honored."

Fin and Nick say in unison. "Good," Sonny laughs, "Aaron, Rossi, Derek and Reid will also be groomsman. Feels right to have both sides of the work family standing up in the wedding."

"Couldn't agree more," Alfie clinks her glass with everyone as they all take a drink.

"I'd like to make a toast," Fin says afterwards holding up his drink, "to family."

"To family!"