12

Beep. Beep. Beep.

That's what Aphrodite first hears when she starts to come to. She groans lowly tilting her head side to side feeling the burn of light hit her closed eyelids. The room smells absolutely revolting. But she knows that smell. It's antiseptic, a little bitter, with undertones of the artificial fragrance contained in soaps and cleaners.

Slowly she flutters her eyes open looking around the room. She's weary of the white room feeling like she's been put into a psychiatric hospital. She hears the annoying beeping of the vitals monitor and looks up. Of course she is hooked up to the machine and now it's normal.

She's about to shift her body into a more comfortable position but she freezes when she can't move her arms. Her eyes widen as she looks down not noticing two passed out bodies holding and sleeping on her hands.

She pinched her lips together when she looks to the pretty blonde. She expected that. Then she looks to the man with messy brown hair. She did not expect that.

She attempts to move her hand Amanda is sleeping on trying to shake her awake as gently as possible. Feeling her hands twitch she sits up looking questionably around her before landing on Aphrodite. If looks could kill, Aphrodite would be dead right now.

She's about to start yelling but Aphrodite pulls a finger to her lips shushing her. She points to the blissfully sleeping man opposite of her. "How long?" She croaks out in a whisper.

Amanda sighs shoving down her anger. "Two days."

"Two days!" She whisper shouts. The man moves slightly frightening her. To her relief he doesn't wake up. "Two days," she repeats more calmly.

"You scared the living daylights out of us. Why haven't you told anyone about the nightmares? Let alone that you haven't been sleeping?"

"I just-"

"Wanted to handle it on your own? I've done that, Alfie, plenty of times."

Alfie raises a curious brow. "Why ask if y'knew the answer already?"

Amanda, not taking any of her shit slapped her hand. She shook slightly at the contact holding back a shout. "What the hell was that for!"

"For God's sake, Alfie, you scared us! We ran you to the hospital, you've been out for two days, you're clearly not in the right mindset. Can you please take this more seriously?"

She shrugs, "not when you give me the harmless puppy eyes, no. Look, I'm thankful you guys care but I'm seriously fine."

"The hell you are! You passed out right before the ambulance arrived. Scans showed your wounds aren't healing properly because you won't settle and rest. Tests showed you're malnourished and sleep deprived. We could have lost you, Alfie. I could have lost you. You knows how long you would have been in here unconscious."

Alfie looks down. She felt weird, stupid, disgusted with herself. The sickens by feeling in her stomach riling up into her throat as she thinks about it. She feels the dire need to want to cry. She feels a tingle in her body as the hair on her arms stand up. She didn't  know she was causing them pain like that. She doesn't understand why they care so much about her.

"I'm sorry," she says hardly visible.

"Well I am too. You need to talk to somebody. You can't keep going like this. It will tear you apart. You were there to see what I was like after that case."

Alfie stares blankly at Amanda not knowing what exactly to say.

"If you won't see a therapist then at least talk to one of us. Each of us have been into similar situations as you. We can help, you just have to ask."