19

She managed to get to Hamilton on time for a breakthrough in the case. They found the cabin where the witness identified, more so suspected, the Unsub's good friend Colby. Though came to not be the case. After a thorough investigation they found out it wasn't Coby, in fact he wasn't in the slightest involved.

In the mix of all this there was no time for personal talk. Nobody talked about her feelings, what happened, if she was okay, or caught up on where she was the whole time. No, they instead focused on the case at hand.

It ended horribly.

After finding the ice pick used in the murders they ran the prints finding that they instead belonged to the witness. He was the Unsub's, Joe's, partner in crime. Literally.

Morgan discovered that Daria, the witness, developed Stockholm Syndrome for Joe and acted as his accomplice more willingly than anyone previously knew (albeit only after he'd tortured her so much that she had a mental break to cope with the horror and trauma)—including torturing people on her own initiative because "it's what he wanted"—and realizes that she's suffered permanent mental damage and cannot serve as a witness in Joe's trial.

He later gently bid her goodbye, and it's likely she's have to stay in the mental care facility for a very long time, if not the rest of her life.

Initially, Daria claimed that the UnSub's partner was his friend Coby. Once it's revealed later that Coby was uninvolved and it becomes clear that Daria was the real partner in the whole case.

To an extent Aphrodite felt for the girl and she was sure Morgan did as well. They were the two who talked to her after the whole ordeal the year prior. When the case was over they traveled back on the jet where she informed her friends at SVU of her official departure. It saddens her greatly to leave.

It more so cracks her heart in two not being able to see Sonny like they had been doing. Her chest tightens and her breath hitches as she stares at nothing in particular. I don't want to lose him, she thinks.

Morgan places a comforting hand on her shoulder jolting her upright and out of her thoughts. He takes a seat in front of her on the jet. She clutches Sonny's sweatshirt to her chest with one hand. The other props her head up by her fist.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think. Just thinking about stuff."

JJ quietly takes her seat next to her. The others join around waiting for something else. She assumes everyone has been caught up besides her.

JJ bobs her head to the sweatshirt, "who's that from?"

"A male from the looks of it," Derek wiggles his eyebrows teasingly.

She laughs at his shenanigans. "Yes, it is a guy. My... boyfriend in fact."

Rossi shakes his forefinger in her face making a odd face. "Hold on, when did that happen?"

"Three weeks ago, I think it is now."

The whole team, aside from Mr. Quiet Hotchner bursts into a uproar. It's times like this she is grateful Penelope Garcia isn't involved with this conversation otherwise she'd get a earful.

"Jesus, guys! One question at a time."

Her order silences them. Spencer then asks, "tell us about him."

"We each have our flaws but he's generous, gentle and kind. He's a beloved friend and family member to a hard-nosed detective who at times isn't afraid to be abrasive or ask tough questions."

JJ pinches her lips together seemingly already figuring it out.

"You met him in New York? And you're dating already?" Blake asks.