Chapter 6

I don't even know where I am.

My eyes are barely open and I sway against my friend, Micah, a vodka sprite in my hand.

"Easy, girl," he mutters, putting his arm around my waist, keeping me secured and upright. "I thought you said you weren't going to drink a lot tonight. Like, you've got work tomorrow."

"Take my shift for me?" I slur, frowning up at him. I try to pout, giving him puppy eyes and all that, but he just laughs at me and rests his head on top of mine.

"No, babe, that's all you. I did my time today," he chuckles, dragging me to the busted up sofa in the living room. The house party is insane, there's so many people. Everything is hazy to me thanks to the wondrous power of liquor coursing through my veins.

The busyness makes sense though because it's the first weekend of the semester. It looks like we all had the same grand idea to get absolutely plastered. It's all about partying hard while you can. 

I curl up against Micah on the couch and then retreat to the other side of it when he tries to snatch my drink from me.

"Go get your own!" I scold him.

He laughs at me again. "I'm not trying to get my own, I'm trying to cut you off."

"You're literally no fun, you know that?" I frown, talking another sip from my cup.

"Yeah, you're gonna eat your words. I'm your only fun friend," he mutters. "How's that godawful situationship of yours going?"

I groan, leaning my head back on the couch and closing my eyes. I can feel the bass of the music thumping in my soul. I feel a smile tug at my lips. It feels so nice. 

"Hello?" Micah nudges me with his knee.

"It isn't a thing anymore. He tried to fucking kidnap me or something. Acted all crazy, grabbed me, pulled my hair." I say blandly, staring at a couple making out across the room. I can actually see their tongues as they go at it. Disgusting.

"What the hell? Is that a joke?" Micah exclaims, leaning forward to stare at me. I take another sip of my drink.

"Nope."

"Jesus Y/n! I told you that fucker was no good! Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay."

"Sorry, I'm not really a good listener, I guess," I slur.

Micah just stares at me, his mouth open. "Babe, I'm so sorry."

I lean into his shoulder so he can't see my face. I don't know what I'm showing on it right now. I just wanted to forget about all of that.

"I don't really wanna talk 'bout it right now," I murmur against him. He smells like vanilla and sugar and I snuggle closer.

"Okay..." He draws out the word. "What time do you work tomorrow?"

"It's open to noon," I reply. Opening time is 7:00 am, so that should be absolutely hell.

"Yikes. I think you work with Elaine too. She's such a prick," Micah groans and I appreciated the sympathy.

"Fuck," I mutter. Elaine is the most stuck up bitch on this campus, I swear. She's always trying to do everything with 100% effort, even our stupid part-time job bubble tea job. It makes everything unnecessarily and annoying. I can't lie, I sort of hate people like her.

I promise, Elaine, that the trash won't explode if we don't take it out every hour.

Before I spiral into a depressive state, I pull myself up from the couch, stumbling a little. "Let's go dance. I think I saw people dancing somewhere."