Chapter 25

I hear the knock on my door from my bed. I don't bother to fix my hair or wipe under my eyes or put on pants as I pull myself up.

When I open the door, Gojo is standing there. His arms are limp at his sides as he takes in my appearance. Concern lines his face.

God, why couldn't it have been him earlier?

"Hi," I say weakly.

"Hi," he replies, stepping inside and quietly closing the door behind himself, eyes never leaving me.

"Thanks for coming," I murmur. "I just...needed someone."

He nods, stepping closer to me a little cautiously, like he's waiting for me to tell him to stop. I don't. When his arm wraps around my back and my cheek hits his chest, I let out a breath. I relax into him. His hand reaches up to the back of my head, anchoring me to him. I don't know how long we stay like that, just quietly standing in my tiny foyer.

It's the warmest hug I've had in a long time.

Honestly...probably in my whole life.

"Do you want to talk about it? Lay down in your bed? Tell me what you need right now, Y/n," I feel his warm breath in my ear.

"Can we go to my room?" I whisper, looking up at him. His brows are drawn together, worry clear in his electric eyes. "And can you hold me a while?"

He nods. "Mhm, I can do that."

We walk to my room, his arm braced on my hip as I lead the way. I don't bother with the lights or words or formalities, I just crawl back into bed. He watches me for a minute before he pulls off his shoes and sweatshirt, leaving him standing in a white t-shirt and shorts.

He's being so careful with me right now and I'm thankful for that.

I pat the bed where I've pulled back the covers. He nods and slides into bed next to me. We lay on our sides, facing each other, and it hits me how intimate this is. It's not like the last time he was in my bed, this is...different. Every single sense is completely filled with him. It's not like when we're kissing or doing something sexual. We're not physically connected right now, but staring at him like this, at each small detail of his face...his hair, his neck, the slope of his collarbone to his shoulders...I feel so close to him. I listen to the rhythm of his breathing, watch the way his Adam's apple moves each time he swallows.

"Y/n, what happened?" He murmurs, his fingers finding my wrist under the covers. He gently massages the skin there.

Am I scared to tell him? I don't know.

"You don't have to say anythi--"

"My ex was here," I say.

His face changes. I watch the emotions shift. His eyes widen slightly, his jaw tightens, his eyebrows draw together. And then it all softens out again.

"What did he do?" Gojo's voice is strained.

"He forced his way in here," I say, starting off strong, my voice even. When I consider my next words though, I feel it all begin to waver and tremble and fall apart. "Then...uh..."

His fingers still on my wrist.

"He made my friend leave and he..." I start to cry. "He had me against the wall..."

The shame and horror choke me. I feel dirty.

"He didn't do anything, but he..." My shoulders shake and I can't see through my tears. "He just kept saying things and I...I--I was remembering everything he did last time--fuck. If I had only...if I had only done something."