Chapter Seven

"So, Autumn..." Jordan takes a sip of his coffee.

He turned up outside my bedroom door twenty minutes ago, two coffees in hand, a big smile on his lovely face. I checked the time and it was seven. Seven in the morning. What normal eighteen year old wakes so early?

I wanted to be mad at him and I wanted to slink off back into bed. But I couldn't and I didn't. How could I turn him away when he'd so thoughtfully brought me coffee? Not just any coffee, but the best coffee in the world.

I glance to him and his gaze seems to travel down my neck and then the length of my shoulder. A warm feeling enters the pit of my stomach.

We've been like this for the last two days, a little duo. He brings me coffee, we wonder around. He walked me to my first cheerleading practice before he went to rugby. We go food shopping together, dance in clubs together, drink together, watch TV together.

We're inseparable.

Even when I'm not with him, I think about him, which usually causes a huge, pathetic smile to spread across my face. Five days together and I'm completely besotted.

"So?" I repeat.

His lips twitch. "It's the last day of Freshers. We have been here a week."

"Yeah." I say. "Kerry's declared tonight is the night she will finally bag a man, and Reign came to my room last night to cycle through fifty different outfits she might wear."

"I smoked a joint with Rory and stayed up until three in the morning playing playstation." He pauses then adds. "And eating an uncomfortable amount of biscuits."

I smile, "That sounds like a good night."

"Kind of like tonight is set out to be. It's meant to be epic. I heard there's going to be U.V face painting."

"They've named the whole party glowjobs."

He laughs, "You're joking?"

"I wish." We fall into a comfortable silence and walk on. I bump his shoulder with mine. "What time is pre-drinks?"

"Rory said six. I think he's going to force us to play drinking games until we go blind."

"Well," I laugh. "It's a good way to get everyone drunk as anything."

"And to get Kerry a man."

"Don't be a dick. Kerry is pretty and she's nice."

He gives me a sour look. "Kerry likes organised fun."

"Everything is organised fun. Glowjobs is organised fun."

His gaze roams around my face. "You like her?"

I nod.

"Then I do, too." He smiles. "We're a team, you and I."

That's pretty symbiotic of our friendship, we like the same things, laugh at the same things, have each others backs.

We walk around, chatting. Then we go back to halls, eat croissants, and watch Come Dine With Me.

At midday, Reign and Kerry come rushing in, completely panicked.

"What's wrong?" I immediately ask.

"We have to start getting ready for tonight!" Kerry shouts, taking Reign into her room.

"But it's midday?" I call.

"Exactly!" Reign says as they disappear behind Kerry's door. Jordan and I throw each other a surprised look. Reign's head suddenly pops out the door again. She's glaring at me. "Well?"