A birth to remember

16th April, 20xx

A mother walked into the huge church, dressed to the nines. In her arms was a baby dressed in a flowing white gown, its face hidden by a veil. All of the members of the group had gathered, to see this baby be sworn into the religion. To worship THEM. Who is THEM, you may ask? Nobody knows, but some say THEY are the reason everyone in the church is happy and healthy. Back to the story!

The mother walked towards the centre of the church, and stood in front of the priest who was smiling. She handed him her baby, and stood to the side and watched the ceremony. "Ladies and gentlemen, members of this church. I am honoured to baptise this baby under THEIR name, and this baby shall devote THEM." Everyone held their applause, as the ceremony was still taking place. The priest gently placed the baby into the tub of water, which was blessed by THEM. He dunked the baby under the water, and held the baby there for almost a minute. Once the baby began to wail, he lifted the baby out of the water. He held it above his head. "This baby girl we shall call Britannia has officially devoted herself to THEM!" Everyone erupted into a cheer, and her mother got her from the priest. There would be a huge feast tonight, followed with a party to celebrate the newest member of the church. But now, it was time for the weekly meeting to happen. The weekly meeting where they would put 'the sinners' on blast and 'fix them'. 'Fixing them' usually includes torture, and possibly killing the person until they repent and devote themself to THEM. Nobody has seen THEIR face, as THEY are hidden by flowing white robes and a hood.  The mother sat in a row next to her husband, and held baby Britannia tightly as they waited for the weekly meeting to happen. Everyone went silent, as they had to respect THEM, and completely be interested in the meeting.

The priest walked to a mircrophone and began to speak, his commanding voice filling the church. "Ladies and gentlemen, members of the holy church, today as you all know is the weekly meeting. We will do some praying to THEM, and then we will acknowledge and punish the sinners!" He smiled as he pulled out a big book from a cabnit below the speaking stand. Setting the brown and gold book on the speaking stand, he opened it. Only the priest was allowed to have the holy book. As soon as he opened the book, the members knew what was about to happen. They opened the kneeling stands on the church rows, and got down on their knees. The mother closed her eyes and held her baby tightly, ready to make THEM the only thing on her mind. A few moments later, the priest began to talk some more. "Today, I shall read from page five-hundred and fourty-four of the holy book." He began to read the holy book, and everyone was listening. This chapter of the book mentioned how the members of the church are the only people with their eyes open. The only spiritually gifted people. The only people who will be let into the Paradise when they die. And all they have to do to have a good and successful life is obey THEM, worship THEM, and never loose hope in THEM. If the people continued to do that, they would be rewarded with entry to the paradise when they die.  The priest continued to finish reading the chapter, and it took about two hours. Once he was done and after everyone prayed to THEM, everyone was dismissed to leave. But, they never forgot that tonight was the celebration of Britannia being the newest person devoted to them.

The husband and wife left the church, and returned to their small home. The wife went to their shared bedroom and went through her wardrobe, choosing a nice, clean knee length green dress for the celebration tonight. Modesty was key in the church, and she didn't want to look like a jezzebelle. She paired it with some brown stockings, white flat dress shoes and a bracelet. This bracelet was given to her when she first joined the church as a baby, and she kept it close. She vowed to give it to her daughter when she was thirteen. The wife rushed into the bathroom to get dressed, as her husband came into the bedroom to get his clothes out for the celebration tonight. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She decided not to wear makeup, as she didn't want to look like a modern woman or a 'jezzebelle' as the holy book called them. She didn't even own any makeup anyways. Fifteen minutes later, she left the bathroom and found her husband putting a gold watch on. He was already dressed in a grey suit, complete with a tophat. When he noticed his wife, he smiled and walked towards her. "You look lovely, dear." She smiled as he said that. "Thank you, dear." The only thing left to do was wait for the time to hit 23:15, as that is when the party would start, and it would last all night. It was currently 21:45, and they would leave for the church in an hour or so.

At the church, everyone got settled in. It was now close to eleven, and almost everyone was there. They had multiple tables set up with food and drinks, and had games for the kids to play. Everyone sat at their assigned table, and about ten minutes later or so the priest showed up. He was dressed nicely in a black suit, and had a microphone in his left hand. "Welcome one and all to the after party celebration for Britannia!" Everyone began to clap, and he said a few more words about her being the youngest member in the church, etc. Once he was done talking, the party truly began.

Everyone was eating food, dancing, playing games or talking to each other. The party would be a blast, and everyone would celebrate Britannia and THEM.