Finally, an 'adult'

Finally sixteen was what Britannia thought in her mind on her birthday as she got up and got dressed. But instead of having a huge blowout party with family and friends, she had to go to the church. In the church's eyes, she was an adult now. It pissed her off more than anything. They were going to search for a husband for her. But she didn't want that at all. In her mind, she was too young to be married off to most likely a naive boy or a grown man. And she would be damned if she would be forced to marry at her age. She got up from her bed after sulking around and got out a dress to wear. She chose a fancy light green dress with white flowers on it. Green was her favourite colour by now if you couldn't tell. She looked at herself in the small wooden mirror and frowned. She didn't want to go to the church like building today, she didn't want to do any of this. "Britannia honey, are you almost done?" Her mother called for her. She fake smiled and ran downstairs. Once she got downstairs, everyone was waiting on her. "Are you ready to go? We have to get there early because they will be bringing out some potential guys for you to marry." "And we can't forget about the party!" Her father added, and everyone went to the car, they were all ready to go.

Once they arrived at the church like building, Britannia was brought into a small room with a chair by Stanley. Her parents were in the party room at a table most likely socialising and waiting on her to be done meeting the guys. "Okay Britannia, you understand what is happening today, correct?" She nodded her head. "We will bring in different guys, and you will have the chance to mingle and meet with them. If there is one you like more than the rests, do let me know and we will have you spend more time with said person." She nodded her head and Stanley left to get the first guy. The first guy was sitting on the other side of the wall, and she couldn't see him. Nor could he see her, but it was supposed to be like this. To keep the church's modesty. "Hello, how are you?" He asked, and he sounded not too much older than her. He was most likely eighteen to twenty years old. Childish in a way yet not a child. Britannia sighed deeply before speaking. "I'm good, how about you?" He spoke once again. "I'm good as well, thank you for asking. My name is Scott Mayweather, what's your nam-" Poor Scott was interuped by Stanley. "Okay that's enough for now, thank you." And with that Stanley escorted him out and escorted in a new man. And then another. This went on for a little while, where they had small conversations before being escorted out and a new one brought in. About three hours of doing this later, Stanley walked back into the room. "So I see that you like none of the men?" He asked, and she smiled as she nodded her head. "What a shame. Let's get to the main room now, as we should get ready to party!" His expression of dissapointment changed into a smile, and it looked forced. Britannia didn't like that, but she followed him out of the small room and into the main room of the church. Then they walked down the long dim hallway into the party room.

Everyone was at a table, dressed in their best clothes. They were waiting on Britannia, as all eyes went on her when she entred the room. "Everyone as you know, Britannia has been with the church for her whole life, a long time indeed. Today is her sixteenth birthday and she is finally an adult! She unfortunetly didn't find a husband today, but she should find one soon. Anyways, let's get to partying!" After he said that everyone went to do their own thing, their own type of partying. Both her mother and father gave a speech about how she has grown up, how much they love her, etc. And of course they had to mention HIM too. William. That name made her feel sick to her stomach now, and like she was going to throw up. She went up to the buffet and got a plate of food. Once she had everything she liked, she went back to the table and sat down to eat. As she was digging into her chicken, she didn't notice the person sitting down next to her. It was her aunt. "I have some men I know who I know you would like!" She said with a grin as she sat a little too close to comfort to Britannia. "You should come over to my house to meet them sometime." She offered, trying to get the teen girl married early so she could be like her. She really didn't want to go and do it. "Oh.... um... I don't know, my family is really busy coming up so maybe ask my parents?" She asked. "Why that's a wonderful idea! I'll have them let you know what happens!" And with that, her aunt got up to run off and find her parents.

Her parents returned to the table a little bit later once they talked to everyone, and about Britannia. Everyone was happy for her, and even random strangers were offering to find people for her to marry or for her to marry them. It disgusted her, as she was too young to get married in her mind. She was barely a teenager in her mind! She decided to lie to her parents to get to leave. She knew lying was wrong, but she wanted to leave. "H-Hey mother, I don't feel so well. My stomach hurts really badly.." She held her stomach and her mother turned towards her. "Oh my! Would you like to go home?" She groaned and nodded her head. Her mother whispered something to her father and shortly after they were all walking out the door to go back home. Once they got home, she immedietly went to sleep. Today was a bad day, and all she wanted to do was see Cecelia.