Beginning to question it all

Britannia is now fourteen, and has had some.... weird thoughts. Especially about the church, the priest, HIM, the holy book, all of it. She hasn't told her mother, father or anyone at the church as she knows they would think she is crazy and shun her. So she kept these thoughts to herself, and decided to do a bit of research. They wern't allowed to have modern technology like mobile phones, tablets or video games in the community. And her house only had one desktop computer which wasn't allowed internet access. So her best bet was some books. She had found a book in the forest on a relegion different from hers, and began to read it. It mentioned how this other relegion was the right way, and how punishing anyone is bad as he will punish the sinners in the afterlife. That part right there was a shock to Britannia. At the church, they were told punishing the sinners is normal, and makes HIM happy. But.. this other relegion talked down on hurting others, but her's encouraged it. And it wasn't like they just hurt them, sometimes they killed those they deemed sinners. That was also talked down on in the book. She wondered if this book was legit, or something wrote by a young adult who wants to try and start a trend. To try and be different. She was wondering if the priest was as good and great as they thought, too. He may of always had a smile on his face, and he may of always been friendly but Britannia felt like there was something he was hiding. Something dark and sinister. Something that if it came out and was revealed to others, it may have a very negative impact on the church. It may want to make others leave. She had never had thoughts on leaving the church and still doesn't, but she is starting to reconsider her feelings.

At dinner, her parents were talking about THEM. The person who everyone is trying to please. They said how great THEY are, for blessing them with a roof over their heads and food in their stomachs. Whenever her parents mentioned THEM, she had goosebumps on the back of her neck, and the hairs stood up on the back of her neck as well. She felt like she was going to throw up her dinner. "May I be excused? I don't feel so well..." Her mother nodded her head and Britannia ran up to her bedroom and locked the door behind her. She grabbed her notebook, and began to write. She needed to get this off of her chest.

11th September 200X

Dearest diary,

I don't know why I am writing to you at this time, but I need to get this off of my chest. My parents keep mentioning HIM. And everytime it happens, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I feel terrified of HIM, despite HIM not hurting me. I swear I can see something none of them can see. I need to pray over this, but I am too scared to pray to HIM. But who do I pray to then? I don't know anything except for HIM and the church. I feel like there's something seriously wrong with HIM, that priest and the church. And something deep inside of me is telling me to run and leave, but those are just intrusive thoughts right? Where would I even go if I left? What if the church or my family found out and tried to kill me? I think I need to sleep on this one, and I will write to you tomorrow dearest diary.

With love,

Britannia

After she put her feather back in the small glass of ink, Britannia put her pyjamas on. She was so tired and her head was full of thoughts. She just needed to sleep and be alone for the rest of the night. She climbed into her bed and turned off her lamp, and began to close her eyes. Her parents never came to check on her as they thought she was old enough to watch herself. But what she didn't know was she forgot to put her nightcap on. The cap that prevented her from having bad dreams or meeting demons. But tonight she would meet a spirit, one that would change her life forever. Her life would never be the same after meeting her.

In her dreams, Britannia saw a tall girl. She had ghost white skin, flowing white hair, pale yellow eyes and wore a ankle length white dress. The girl was standing beside a tree, and she could not see her face. Britannia was curious, so she walked towards the girl. But every step she took felt slow and antagonising, and it felt like the girl was walking away despite her standing in the same spot. This continued for a little bit until the girl was finally close enough to see her. And that's when she heard the girl speak for the first time. "So you've forgotten to wear your night cap, hm? What a shame. All though, you are finally able to meet me." This girl had a.... caring voice, and she sounded Czech by her accent. Britannia looked scared, and the girl smiled. But she couldn't see it as the girl was still facing the tree and not her. "I.... who are you?" She asked, and the girl giggled. "Oh me? I am your saviour, the one who will help you escape. Sit down beside me." The tall girl sat in the once green but now brown grass beside the tree, and Britannia joined her. "Let me tell you some facts, and I will also explain to you who I am. Okay?" She nodded her head and the girl began to speak. She had a mask on her face, and began to slowly remove it to reveal her true idenity. Who she was. This action made Britannia's green eyes go wider than she thought was possible.