21. Bat-Bogey Hex

"So, let me get this straight," Harry started with an amused grin, "you jumped into the bloody lake?" He sat beside Kat in the courtyard. The brunette had just informed him of her little diving adventure.

The girl nodded with an affiliative smile, "well what was I supposed to do? Let the French princess get dragged to the bottom of the lake?" Harry shook his head with a laugh, "you're mad, d'you know that?"

"That's been said before," she commented with a proud smile.

Someone cleared their throat abruptly from behind them. The two spun around and Harry was instantly up on his feet. A boy with obnoxiously blonde hair stood before then with abnormally pale skin and dull eyes. His head was held high in arrogance and two large boys stood behind him. The boys in the back seemed like they had peanuts for brains as they towered over the blonde almost like bodyguards.

Kat followed Harry, oblivious to who these boys were. "Moving on so soon, Potter?" The blonde asked with a conceited smirk. "Does Granger know you've left her for another mudblood?"

"That's enough, Malfoy." Harry said firmly as his fists began to ball up. Kat furrowed her brows in mock confusion. "Who are you calling 'mudblood,' Doris Day?"

Malfoy sneered, raising his nose at the older girl. "How dare you speak to me! You're lucky to even be in my presence."

Kat laughed humorlessly as Harry's fists turned white. "That's funny, I don't feel so lucky. In fact, I feel rather nauseous. That happens from time to time when I'm in the presence of something foul." Harry chuckled, letting color return to his hands. He watched as Malfoy scowled and reached for his wand in his green robes. Harry reached for his own weapon ready to cast a spell at any moment.

"You filthy—"

Malfoy was cut off, feeling sticky green substance run down his nose and watched as it slowly transformed into something that resembled bats. The bat-bogey hex. The bats soon grew larger wings and began to fly around carelessly, pestering all three of the boys. Kat and Harry watched as the boys ran from the bogeys, trying to get away and laughed as they screamed hysterically. A crowd soon formed around the three tosspots and laughs could be heard all around.

"Was that you?" Kat asked Harry over all the commotion. The boy shook his head with a heartfelt smile. "No, but whoever cast that spell is my favorite person in the whole world."

Kat chuckled, "woah, calm down there. What about 'Granger'?" Harry rolled his eyes, nudging the girl's shoulder playfully as the three boys continued to run about.

After their mishap with 'Draco Malfoy,' he and his goons would send her pompous glares in the hallways or during dinner. She simply responded by sending them playful kisses which only angered them more.

The twins had caught up with Kat later that week after hearing about her run in with the Slytherin's.

"So," George began as he caught up with Kat in a semi-empty corridor. "Freddie and I have come to the conclusion—"

"That you enjoy mischief just as much as us," Fred finished with a grin as he walked beside the girl. "And we have a proposition."

Kat smiled in amusement. "And what's your proposition?" George threw her a smirk. "We are offering you the very rare opportunity to cause some trouble around the school—-particularly for the Slytherins."

The brunette chuckled, "somehow I don't think it's a rare occurrence. And why would I want to prank my fan club?"

Fred nudged her shoulder, "trust me, you don't want those gits as fans. Besides, we have graciously decided to let you in on a few secrets we keep safely away from curious ears."The three turned a corner, crossing the green courtyard that had a few stragglers here and there. Kat smiled as the boys led her to a place to sit. They sat in a circle and Kat had a perfect view of the chaos that filled the boy's eyes. "What kind of secrets?" She asked, resting her elbows on her knees.

"Well, for example," George began, "we just happen to know that this castle has about a dozen secret passageways—some even lead to the Slytherin common room. We use them from time to time—they come in handy when we need to make a hasty escape from dear old Filch."

Fred nodded along with his brother. "And that's just one secret, stick with us and you'll know this castle like the back of your hand." The boys smirked proudly, showing just how confident they really were.

Kat snickered, "alright then. What kind of trouble are you two thinking of pulling?" The twins glanced at each other with broad smiles before looking back at the brunette in front of them. "You'll see," they said simultaneously.

The twins definitely had something in store for Kat. They told her to meet them in the courtyard later that night. Kat found it a bit difficult with the new curfew, having to dodge many patrolling teachers and staff, but finally found them. The two brothers were hiding in a bush, dressed in black clothes almost as if they were on an undercover mission.

"What's this?" Kat whispered to them, "why are you two dressed like Count Dracula?"

"Who?" They asked simultaneously. Kat shook her head, crouching down to their level. "Never mind. Now, where are these secret passageways you were telling me about?" Fred glanced at his brother, mirroring the boy's smirk, before grabbing onto Kat's hand swiftly.

"This way."

___________________

This ones short as well but you know....lol anyways. Guess who hexed the boys! Hint: it was a Weasley. Don't forget to vote and comment your favorite character! Gotta go, much love,

Dove <3