ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟡

We got home much earlier than expected but that's okay. I want to fall asleep and forget about the events that transpired today. 

We slowly walked towards home, and a cold breeze flew by, ruffling my hair. My hands are still shivering from the incident, I couldn't help but to look at my brother. His face doesn't show anything but I can imagine what's happening in his head.

"Come with me," He said, leading me to the third floor. I didn't say anything but just nodded.

I've never been there at all, I just saw strange people come and go from there. I always wanted to go there and check what's out there but as the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat. 

As we went there, the heels of my shoe tapped loudly causing echoes, I looked around to see the area. It's filled with expensive paintings and antiques in glass boxes. There are only 3 rooms on the entire floor, each further away from the other. And each has its own design on the mahogany doors. On one there is a symbol of the dragon, on the other, it's a snake and the last one is with a roaring lion.

Vincent led me to the room with the Dragon design, the inside is spacious, with dark green patterned wallpaper. The black desk was filled with a bunch of paperwork, and a coffee table in the center with a bunch of lilies in them. The wall hosted a big gun on the right and on the left there is a painting. A family portrait. 

Dad was there, he looked a bit young than he is now, but my brothers? They all look so different. So young, barely 12 or so. They were all holding each other in the beach background, and then I noticed her, mom. She also looks youthful, her face full of joy. I haven't seen her this happy, she looks like belongs there with her family. I only remember her being tired from a long day of work, too sleepy to smile. If only I-

"Sit down Viv," Vincent snapped me out of my thoughts, he looked where I was looking and sighed.

I sat down and fiddled with my fingers, too stressed to say anything.

"Look viv, I need to know exactly what he said, okay?" He emphasized,

"Vinnie, can we please not do this?" I dreadfully ask, I don't want to remember.

"Vivian, listen to me. That man is dangerous and will do anything  to harm us," I glanced at him, "Why?" I ask, why does that man have to ruin my life?

"He-he has been an enemy of dad's for as long as I remember. There has always been competition between both of them, and he would do anything to win. I mean anything, so please tell me," Vincent pleaded,

"I know he is a dangerous man, okay? He is the worst of all," I aggrieved, clenching the hem of my dress.

"Do you know him?" 

That question made me stop, I felt my heart just drop. Why-why is he asking me that?

"No," I quivered, my little finger twitching erratically, I can't hide it anymore.

"Vivian, how the hell do you know him?" He asked again, his eyes basically digging into mine. I've never felt so exposed as I am right now. I felt the urge to throw up right now, my head dizzy with the re-occurring memory which I forced myself to forget. No.

"Because I saw him before, got it. I saw him the day mom died, I opened that fucking door for him. I basically gave him the god-damn free pass to murder her! I- I killed her," I burst out, I couldn't keep those emotions bottled up in me.

I covered my face with my hands and dropped to the floor and cried my heart out, all this time I'd been hiding it. If they knew then what would happen? what would they think?