ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟝

3 years later

A lot has changed since that incident. I mean a lot. It was a shocker to everyone to see that Mom was alive. Well, mostly Dad, who didn't leave her side for about 2 months. They decided to get their vows renewed at the same church they got married.

As for me, I had to stay in bed for a long time since my body was exhausted and all my muscles ached, I had to take physical therapy for my left arm for about 3 months before I could use it usually. Everyone treated me like a princess during that time and I loved it! Who doesn't like to be babied? Mom and my brothers didn't spend a day without discussing something or the other and lots of cuddling from Alex. They talked for hours without end. We missed her that much. I felt jealous since I'd spent almost 14 years with her and wanted to talk to her too, but just like everyone else, I felt happy to have her back.

Oh and about that Yakuza guy, turns out that he wasn't the actual guy but some sort of replacement. the trouble we got was less but it didn't mean that it was gone though. I got grounded obviously for lying and not telling them about the FBI thing. 

My relationship with Elora deteriorated. She didn't want to come near me anymore, I've heard that she was taking therapy for it. It must have been traumatizing for her, being held at gunpoint, I honestly can't blame her for that. So, I thought it would be for the best if I didn't go near or contact her. Since Alex and Armando graduated from school and I had no reason to stay there, I changed schools. It was for the better. No one in the new school knew who I was, and I was finally free from all the rumors. I made a lot of friends and had a good reputation with good grades. I was getting on track if I say so.

But the most shocking, mind-blowing, fantastic, freaking thing that had happened was that Vinne getting a girlfriend. Her name is Mia and she's 27 years currently, apparently, they met at a business meeting in Shangai and well they hit it off. No one could believe their eyes when he bought her home for a family dinner. I thought,' Finally Vincent the hermit crab got a girlfriend!' She knows about him being in the mafia, so there were no secrets between them. Also, she loves hearing his facts about paintings from the 17th century. No wonder they fell in love with each other.

Guess who else got a girlfriend? Alex. Yes him. I still can't believe it though. Vincent is an amazing person, ofc any girl would fall for him, but Alex? Who? How? Where? When? Why? It's Chrissy, when she came to check on me because she was worried about me after I cut that call, at my house and the reason they fell in love is because they were both gamers and hackers and had a crazy obsession with Valorent. Gosh, I can't imagine this. I hate saying this, but they make a good match. 

What else am I forgetting? Oh right! About Johanna, I got the briefcase. Guess how? Well during the explosion, the briefcase fell down from the chopper and landed in a bush somewhere. Alex retrieved it and I don't know what happened after that. I told my family about the deal in detail and they understood me after stating my intention. I still was grounded after that.

They told me not to worry about her. I never heard from or contacted her again. Dante and Armando told me that they dealt with the issue. I don't know what they meant by that. I think because of this incident the other mafia's and companies got knocked back to their senses. The Moretti's were not someone you could easily mess with. An entire company along with its affiliates got gobbled up by the Valeria group of companies in a single night.

I think it reinforced their reputation in the market and made sure no one could lift a finger against them. Like the Lion was back in the jungle. It sounds kinda scary when I say it but it's the truth. 

What else? I started training under Dante to improve my physique and doing paperwork. A lot of paperwork, I said I wanted to help and Vincent took that seriously and he handed me a part of his daily work. It's honestly too much work for me but I am happy to help him and see his face once in a while at the office. I got the hang of it.