Chapter 19: A date with the demon princess

I sighed and walked to the address Ako and I had agreed to meet up at. It was nice and sunny, with a slight breeze to help cool us off a bit. It was neither too hot nor cold, just perfect. The only thing that I was bothered by was the outfit that Asuha chose for me. She said that it would give off the 'bad boy' vibes. I had on a plain, black t-shirt, along with ripped slim-fit jeans, and an unstructured blazer. Asuha tried to make me put on a mask and a hat as well, but I figured those would be too much. Plus, it'd give off creepy stalker vibes instead of bad-boy vibes.

Once I arrived, I found myself standing before an internet cafe. I remembered Ako saying she liked to play video games, which explained why she wanted to meet up here. "Well, I suppose that's one way to have a date..."

I walked inside the store and saw Ako standing in front of the counter, talking to the cashier. "Yes, one room, but it'll be for two people..."

"Hey Ako! Sorry if I'm late, were you waiting for a long time?" I asked as I approached her from behind.

"Woah! You scared me, (Y/N)! And no, don't worry I just got here as well and decided to rent out our seats first!" Ako replied as she turned around.

"Here is your key, Miss! Enjoy yourselves!" The cashier said as she handed Ako a key.

"Thank you! Come on (Y/N)!" Ako said as she took the key and led me down a hallway, where there were a bunch of rooms labeled with numbers. We eventually stopped at room number 13, and Ako opened up the door with the keys, revealing the room. It was a pretty fair-sized room, furnished with a big table and a comfortable-looking gaming chair. On the table was a gaming pc with pretty good specs, equipped with a high Hz monitor, a gaming mouse, a keyboard, and a headset.

"Woah, pretty nice room. Quite spacey too, but did we come to the wrong room? There's only one pc here..." I inquired.

"Oh no, we're in the right room. Take a seat (Y/N)..." Ako nervously replied.

"Hm? Alright...but where will you be..." Before I could finish my sentence, Ako set herself down on my lap horizontally, causing me to hold her up bridal style whilst sitting down. She innocently looked at me with her crimson-red eyes and smiled. She was almost like a baby, only a ful- well, half-grown baby. Her cute eyes and adorable smile being unable to resist, I sighed and allowed her to stay on my lap. "But...how am I going to play like this?"

"Hm? Oh right, my bad," She got up and repositioned herself then sat right down on top of me, causing our dangerous zones to meet. I flinched but decided to keep myself as calm as possible, not wanting to ruin our date. "So, shall we begin?"

"S-sure, what are we playing?" I asked.

"How about...league of legends? You like that game, right?"

"I do, but I don't know if you would....."

"Well, we won't know unless I try now, would we? Come on!" Ako urged as she opened up the game.

"Alright sure, but the game can be a bit difficult and frustrating, just be aware, ok?"

"Don't worry about it! I'm a professional at games! I'll eventually get the hang of it!" Ako exclaimed as she pumped her fists into the air.

I sighed and simply put on a bitter smile, as Ako and I hopped into a match.

"So, who should I pick?" Ako asked as she looked at all the 140 champions available for selection.

"Well, it really depends on the lane you want to go, but since you're starting new, why not go mid-lane?" I suggested. Since she was still new, I thought that mid-lane would be the easiest.