Chapter 11 - Please Move On Good Lord

WARNINGS: Nausea, gagging, medication use
Oops sorry- *drops chronic illness headcanons* no you see- *disability headcanons spill out of my hands* I'll clean it up I promise- *more chronic pain headcanons fall out of my pocket* oh no-
Anyways it took like 2 months to write this but look! It's been less than a year since my last update so-!

Of course, it had to start now.

Now that most of the background noise had filtered out (noise that he needed to dedicate his focus to, anyway), Maijima could hear the sniffles from the green haired boy as he waited for the train to arrive near one of his homes. A cough had picked up too, hacking and productive from the sound of it, and exhaustion weighed down narrow shoulders, and his only movement was stimming with his (Hitoshi's) hoodie strings absentmindedly. Once their train finally came to a stop, the man had to nudge the boy a bit to grasp his attention.

"Straight to resting once we get there," he remarks as they walked down the street to his apartment building.

"Hm?"

"You can't think you're that slick, you're a genius. A sick genius."

"I'm always sick," Izuku retorted, pouting into his shirt collar.

"Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. How long have you been feeling bad? Just today?"

"...A bit yesterday," the boy relinquished, finally.

"Of course, why am I even surprised. I have some things at home, but is there anything you want me to get from...?" Being his primary caretakers, Shouta and Hizashi, along with Nemuri, had the majority of the things Izuku kept for when his health got bad, and Ecto had some things for himself, but everyone else mostly relied on what Izuku kept on himself.

"As long as you have a thermometer it's whatever. Probably just sniffly." Maijima had his doubts about the last claim, especially as he noticed the younger's voice was getting hoarse, but he let it go for now.

He kept his eye on him though, especially as he unlocked his apartment and noticed all of the fight (and lord, there was a lot of fight) drain out of Izuku. As the boy immediately went for the bathroom to change into some comfortable clothes, the teacher began searching his cupboards for a thermometer, which he shoved in the other's face as soon as he exited (this time in sweatpants that were most definitely Katsuki's, as well as a band tee that might've been Hizashi's once upon a time, before going through husband and son and boyfriend).

As the younger let the stick sit under his tongue, collapsing back onto the couch gracelessly, the (unfortunate) adult in the house rifled through his cupboards some more to see if he could find anything else. The attempt was mostly fruitless, not having so much as cough syrup (though he thinks he spotted some acetaminophen at the back of his tea cabinet), so he just sighed and grabbed one of the applesauce packets he'd stocked up on last time Izuku had stayed with him. He came back to see his charge glaring at the white plastic, walking over to see a screen displaying "38.8."

"Jesus kid, 'I'm fine' my ass."

"I never said I'm fine."

"This time. Alright, eat this and I'll get you some fever reducers. Then straight to bed with you." Despite housing the boy every once in awhile, Maijima thought of himself more as a cool older brother figure than any actual person of authority, much less someone with experience taking care of a sick kid. He just drew on what he remembered of what his sister would do when he was sick as a child, and hope it held up. After his third (and hopefully final) search through his kitchen cupboards, he came back with promised medicine and a glass of water. "Bottoms up."

"I don't think that's something you, a hero, should say to me, a minor. Especially when you're handing me drugs."

"Shut up, just take them." Izuku stuck out his tongue and did as he was told. "Now, you know whe- oh shit!" He rushed over as the boy's throat spasmed, spitting most of the water back into his hands, as well as one of the pills.