Chapter 1 - Entrance Exams

WARNINGS: None
If you don't know, Nemuri is Midnight, Emi is Ms. Joke, Shouta is Aizawa, and Hizashi is Present Mic. Most teachers will be referred to by their first names because really, Izuku has no need to use their last, so they'll all be talked about either by first name or hero name, or nickname derived from one or the other.

"WAKE UP ZUKU! IT'S TIME TO GO!" A feminine voice shouted through the apartment he was staying in that night. The green haired boy just rolled over and groaned, reluctant to leave the warmth of his weighted blanket. "RISE AND SHINE MOTHERFUCKER! RISE! AND! SHINE!" The woman shook the boy's shoulder as she yelled in his ear,

"I knew I should've stayed with Ecto," Izuku mumbled as he sat up, rubbing sleep out of his eyes. "Nemuri, you're a fucking sadist."

"You say that like it's a surprise."

"I mean, I should've guessed, you're hero suit is a walking BDSM ad." Nemuri cackled at that, leaving the guest room (aka Izuku's room whenever he stayed with her) so he could get ready.

"Nem, you're gonna make the poor boy go deaf one of these days," another woman said, kissing her wife before turning as she heard their semi-adopted son come down the stairs. "Hey kiddo! Ready for the exams?"

"Hey Emi!" He brightened up immediately upon the reminder of today's festivities, "Yeah! I can't wait to see all the quirks, and Nezu says since I'm officially a student I can bring up minor evaluations!"

Izuku, being Nezu's private student, didn't need to participate in the entrance exams for the support course (nor did his boyfriend, Hitoshi, who got in on recommendation). Instead, he was going to be with the rest of the staff watching, both the students and the robots (he had programmed this year's himself), to see who would qualify for the hero course! He was delighted, and already had his speech-to-text tablet in his bag so he wouldn't have to look away from the screens to write (he and Power Loader had also programmed that, so it was tailored to him and easily picked up his mutterings with minimal errors).

"Nem said All Might's gonna be up there with ya, so don't scare him too much kiddo," Emi teased, knowing the boy's views on the hero (great at doing his job, not so good at dealing with citizens in the aftermath, and he doubted he'd be a very competent teacher, not for a while at least).

"No promises," he smirked, eating his toast so fast the two women were sure he inhaled it and running to double check that he had packed everything in his bag.

Emi, working at Shiketsu and not UA, couldn't come so he and Nemuri (now in her hero costume) got into the car and set off, picking up Shouta and Hizashi on the way so they wouldn't have to face traffic either.

Upon pulling up to the building, Izuku remarked how full it was, even though the written exams hadn't even started yet. He walked with the three heroes to the lookout station where everyone else was going to watch (except Hizashi, who was proctoring the written exam and announcing the practical test) and immediately went to sit beside Nezu, the two watching in silence as the early students milled about. He noticed as All Might walked in (it was kind of hard not to), but he pretended he didn't to better learn of his reactions and personal relationships upon meeting new people. The man simply yelled his catchphrase (much to the annoyance of Izuku and Shouta) and went to sit down in an empty seat, across the room from the small intelligent beings holding center.

The written test never quite garnered much reaction, mostly being graded by computer and being a silent affair, but the announcement of the practical got a few, especially when someone, Monoma Neito he thought, stood up, questioned UA's authority, and shamed a blond boy near the back who had been whispering to himself (Kaminari Denki, his brain supplied as he mentally pulled up the blond's information that he had been supplied weeks ago. Medical condition(s): ADHD and Dyslexia. Based on his file Izuku thought he had quite a good shot at getting into the hero course, strong quirk and surprising control over it given it's harsh drawbacks, and public humiliation for something so simple as muttering immediately made Izuku wary of Monoma. He knew first hand how much muttering can help process things, and even though Monoma didn't know of Kaminari's ADHD there was no reason to be so rude about a situation he had little knowledge of). Now, however, the students were heading off to different arenas for the real fun. He saw Kacchan wave at one of the cameras, knowing full well that his green haired friend was watching, and snorted as he pushed his way through the crowd to the doors.