Chapter 6 - Battle Trials

WARNINGS: Slight violence? Just sparring
This is sickeningly cute and I regret nothing.

When he saw that his first opponent was Hitochan, Izuku accepted that he wasn't going to make it far through the last round. While he stood a chance against his boyfriend, it wasn't very likely, especially not when they played fairly cleanly. That didn't mean he had to make it easy for him though. Hizashi introduced them, dramatically as always, and they stood in opposite corners. Being the grossly sweet couple they were, they were playfully glaring at each other. As soon as the round began, they both ran full speed toward each other.

Hitoshi kept up some minor commentary to try and get Izuku to respond (mostly something embarrassing that usually got a whiny "Hitochaaaaaaaaaaan" in response) but he didn't expect it to work, and it didn't. They wrestled around, throwing each other over their shoulders, nudging ribs, and occasionally getting into rather intimate positions to try and make the other flustered and mess up. It seemed pretty close to the audience, but they were steadily moving toward one of the sidelines, which Izuku almost constantly had his back to.

He knew what the other was doing, but he wasn't strong enough to fight against the hero student, especially not one that relied so heavily on strength. He kept pulling more dirty cards though, be it swiping some loose dirt into lavender eyes or pushing the other down by straddling him, pinning arms high up so their faces were close. Hitochan could easily flip him back over, but that didn't stop his face from turning bright red (though he got him back when a move meant to knock Izuku off his feet, ended up bringing the paler hand to his ass).

He knew he was only about a foot from the painted line, struggling to stay standing because if he fell he'd fall out of bounds, and he almost got the upper hand by stopping for a moment and biting his lip, looking half lidded at the other, but his little shit of a boyfriend grabbed a fistful of green hair and pulled and the sweep at his ankles knocked him out. He could practically see Shouta's disapproving look and Nemuri's smirk, knowing full well what the two were doing, but he didn't care (hadn't for a long while). After the match was announced over, Hitoshi held out a hand (wary of the greenette cringing at the loud noise as he became painfully aware of the dry dirt that sat on his skin) and pulled him up. They walked away from the area and into a side hallway so Izuku could calm down and avoid a meltdown.

When they sat, the greenette laid heavily on the taller's shoulder as he wet a rag lightly and washed the thin layer of dirt off, well aware how much his boyfriend hated the gritty feeling. The cheers of the crowd were well muffled where they were, and when Izuku had calmed a bit he turned to the purplette with a cheeky smile.

Hitoshi smirked and grabbed his waist, pulling him sideways into his lap and crashing their lips together. C'mon, so much teasing couldn't end without at least some making out.

Once they'd adequately (at least, considering they were in public) shared their affections, they settled back down, Izuku slumping happily against the broad chest as Hitoshi leaned against the wall, running fingers through thick curls as the smaller hummed happily, flicking his fingers out in one of his more tired-happy stims. They didn't know how long they'd been there, only paying just enough attention to hear that a couple of the matches had passed, and the last had taken a break due to ending in a draw (apparently between Kirishima and the grey haired boy in 1-B, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, who had very similar quirks), when a voice spoke up and broke them out of their thoughts.

"I need to speak with you."

[A/N: Teehee I just spontaneously decided I'm going to give ShinDeku a third partner, you won't have to wait long to see who it is. Also, cliffhanger!]