Chapter 17

I opened my eyes and I was in a hospital bed back in the Unites States of America...I saw some tubes were in my arms and I saw some stitches in places were I was impaled and scratched up...I didn't want to do anything....

A nurse came into my room and said to me "Elizabeth...Thank you..." "Thank me? For what?" I was confused. "For helping killing that psycho...I lost people I knew at that place too..." She said with an angry grin..."No prob-" I was to tired to speak..."You need to rest up..."She told me...

The nurse did leave some Jello and some juice on the side of my hospital bed. Next to the heart rate monitor and the computer screens that were next to me...I slowly grabbed some orange juice that was on the side and sipped some of it....I never felt so at peace before ever....My sixth sense gave me this feeling inside my heart that it was always going to be with me at my side at all times...I smiled...

In my pocket however...I pulled out something...There was a broken piece of gold metal that was in the shape of a heart and I pressed a button on the side of it. It opened it and inside was a cracked picture of me and Scott...both holding each other...I put the picture close to my lips and kissed it and then I passed out....

*******************************************************

I woke up fully to see myself in my bed at home. I looked in the mirror to see band-aids and scratch marks on my face. I laid back on my bed....I saw a picture of me and my husband Scott Roman. "I may be a window, but I truly never lost anything at all." I said before passing out. I continued rest in my bed as I was careful not to mess up my stitches. The doctor said to take it easy. I knew that everything was alright. I stared at the ceiling until I closed my eyes and went into a deep sleep.