Chapter 14: Obstacle course

(A/N: Question, would you guys want to read the cavalry battle? I hope you enjoy!)

Chapter 14

Everyone was lined up in front of a stage, waiting for the sports festival's first event to be announced. "And presiding over this year's sports festival, we have the R rated hero, Midnight!"

The sultry hero walked out and onto the stage with a sway to her hips. "Hello~." She gave a wink and the crowd began to go wild. "Now, before we start, can we have the representative of the first year say a few words, Izuku Tatsuma-Usagiyama!"

'Wait... me? Why the hell didn't anyone tell me about this?!' I walked up to the stage and to the mic. "Uh, what am I supposed to say?" I asked Ms Midnight.

"Just say a few words to encourage the students and excite the crowd."

'I'm no good at public speeches!' I sighed before clearing my throat. "Uh, hello everyone. I just want to say, everyone should do their best. If not, I'll take first place without breaking a sweat." The crowd was silent except for the sound of Rumi laughing.

I walked back to my spot as all of the students began to boo me. 'That should be some motivation to try to beat me.'

"Alright, now for the first event!" A giant screen behind Midnight sparked to life showing a wheel. It began to spin before stopping on "Obstacle course! Everyone, step up to the door on the right and prepare to run as fast as you can!"

Everyone walked over to the door. I began to stretch as I felt eyes watching me. I began to smirk, excited to see what they could do. A loud alarm blared and the doors shot open. As everyone was trying to shove their way through, I flew over them. By the time I got out of the tunnel, someone had frozen the ground. 'Probably one of the Todoroki twins.'

I decided to not fly over all of the obstacles and landed on the ground in a roll before going into a full sprint. Looking around, I saw a few of my classmates had made it past the ice trap.

Running further ahead, I jumped and dodged a metal fist before wrapping my claws around its head and smashing the robotic head into the ground, making it glorified scrap. Looking round, I saw a hoard of robots surrounding me. "Heh, fine, let's go."

I quickly dodged one robot before grabbing its arm and smashing it into another robot before quickly turning around and clawing another with my feet claws, tearing it to pieces. I broke through another with my tail before breaking into a sprint towards a group of zero pointers.

I smiled before jumping into the air as hard as I could, towards the zero pointer, landing in its chest, sending the thing flying back. I pulled myself out of the heap pile of its remains before running back through the obstacle course.

——

No one POV

Rumi and Ryuko were sitting in the stands, watching the obstacle course. "He's doing well."

"Yeah. Leading the pack by a mile. Could have taken care of those robots better though."

The dragon chuckled at her girlfriend's comment. "Well I'm sure you can tell him how he could have done better after the festival."

"Why tell him when I can show him while we spar?" Ryuko rolled her eyes as she smiled. They continued watching as everyone was approaching a giant hole with wires attaching rocky pillars scattered throughout the hole.

Izuku smiled as he jumped high towards one of the pillars and landing on one foot before jumping towards the next pillar. As he was jumping, he heard the sound of explosions behind him.

Izuku looked back for a second and saw Katsuki flying through the sky with his explosions. "Deku! Don't think you're better than me!"

Izuku rolled his eyes and made it to the other side of the pit. He broke out into a sprint, quickly approaching the next obstacle. "Mine field huh? Did they even take flying quirks into account with this?"

He began to slow down over the mines as an idea came to him. 'Ohh, this is gonna be fun.' Izuku reached down and dug up a mine with his claws as a smile grew across his face.

Hearing the explosions begin to quickly approach, he slowly walked through the minefield. "Deku! Get the fuck back here so I can ki-" Katsuki was shut up by a mine hitting him in the face, sending him flying back, landing in a big patch of mines, sending him flying up.

"Serves you right." Izuku took off through the field, ignoring the mines around him. Explosions continued to go off in the path as he ran.

Rumi laughed to herself after watching. "See, now that is how you fucking deal with a bitch!"

Ryuko smacked her on the back of her head. "Watch your mouth in public. But yes, it was very efficient."

Suddenly, Izuku's leg became frozen as Shoto was sliding on his ice towards him. "Get ready to lose, Deku!"

Izuku looked back at him and smirked. "You wanna have a go at it too, candy cane?" Izuku quickly raised his unfrozen leg before slamming his foot down, causing a massive shockwave and setting off the surrounding mines, blowing Shoto away into a few other mines.

Izuku quickly broke out of the ice and ran to the exit. "And first is Izuku!"

Izuku came to a stop, wiping away the sweat on his face. "Whew, that was fun." He looked back and saw a few people passing through the gate.

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed!)