Chapter 27: Izumi's exam

(A/N: You know, I really can't believe how popular this story has gotten. I remember when I originally posted the sample for this, I thought no one was gonna like it but here we are. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!)

It was the day of the exam. Many were feeling nervous. Izuku looked at his sheet, going through the questions. He'd been struggling a bit with some of the questions while Izumi was going through the questions at a steady pace.

After a couple hours, everyone was done. "Alright, all of you go change into your hero costumes and meet outside the observation building." Everyone did so in a hurry, excited for the next portion of their exam.

——

Outside the observation building, all of the teachers were standing there. Aizawa's scarf began to ruffle and Nezu popped out of it. "Aha! So, does anyone know what your next exam is?"

Mina quickly raised her hand. "Oh oh, it's robots right?!"

"Ha! Yeah! This is gonna be so easy!" Kaminari shouted.

"Nope!" Nezu said, a wide smile on his face. "You'll be fighting the teachers!" Mina and Kaminari's smiles immediately faded at hearing those words.

Everyone was put into groups, Izuku was teamed up with Kaina, making them both smile. "But wait, who are they gonna be fighting?" Kirishima asked since all of the other teams were paired with a teacher already.

"Hahaha!" The laugh caught everyone's attention. All Might walked up to the two, his usual smile on his face. "I'll be their opponent!"

Izuku looked at the man, before looking at Izumi who was going to fight her mom. "Okay, let's get started!" Nezu announced.

——

Izuku was watching the exams, Kaina next to him. Izumi was next and both Shoka and her were already headed to their exam area, the city. "You think she'll be alright?" Kaina asked.

Izuku shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I'm worried she'll..."

Kaina put her arm around his shoulder. "Yeah. I think she'll be fine, though. She's a strong girl. Plus, she's not alone."

——

Izumi and Shoka were walking up to the city, Izumi thinking of how she was going to defeat her mom. "Izumi?" She looked over at Shoka. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Just trying to figure out how to win."

Shoka looked forward, thinking. "Hmmm... well, how ever we do it, we'll do it together, as a team, right?"

Izumi smiled at Shoka. "Yeah. A team. I uh..." Izumi scratched the back of her head. "I almost forgot about the team part."

"Heh, don't worry. I know your used to doing everything yourself. Just don't forget to rely on me, okay?" Izumi nodded as they made it to the entrence gate of the city.

Izumi POV

Shoka and I walked into the city after hearing the alarm blaring. "Where do you think she is?" Shoka asked.

"She's probably at the exit, waiting for us," I said. We were still walking towards the opposite side of the city, when a car landed in front of us. I used my telekinesis to move Shoka back as I jumped away with One for All.

I looked up and saw her. "Hello, heroes." She was floating above us, trash cans, cars and other junk floating around her. She smiled. "Now prepare to lose."

Shoka sent an ice glacier at her but she easily moved out of the way. I began looking around, trying to find something to use against her. But then I felt myself being lifted off the ground and thrown into the building behind me. 

I could feel myself being pushed further and further into the brick from her telekinesis. 'Tch, so this is what Izuku dealt with?' I began letting One for All run through me more as I tried to pull away from the force.

I felt my body straining to pull away as I heard Shoka using her fire against mom. She began floating towards me as she dodged out of the way of the fire. "Hmph..." she floated up to me. "You're such a disappointment, Izumi."

I kept straining against her, feeling her grip on me loosening. "Yeah, well... I don't care... if you think that!" I managed to pull away, punching her in the face, sending her flying back into the building behind her.

I jumped down to the ground, panting as Shoka ran up to me. "Izumi, you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, *pant* just a bit tired but I'll be fine." They both heard a sound and looked to see Inko getting out of the rubble. "Back me up for now, keep her distracted." Shoka nodded and we prepared to confront mom.

No one POV

Izumi stood tall, grabbing what rubble was scattered around her with her telekinesis. Inko began throwing rubble from the building behind her towards Izumi and Shoka. Shoka created Ice protecting her while Izumi used her telekinesis to deflect it, throwing her own in response and running in.

Inko was about to reach out, to grab Izumi with her quirk but was forced to stop when fire barely grazed her arm.

Izumi jumped over the fire, aiming to punch Inko, her body charged with One for All, but the woman dodged her. She was suddenly forced to stop and looked to see her feet were frozen.

Izumi took her chance to strike, punching Inko, disorienting her and grabbing the cuffs with her telekinesis, forcing them on her arm, passing her exam.

——

Izuku sighed in relief seeing Izumi won. Kaina hit him in his shoulder. "See, told you she'd be fine."

Izuku chuckled to himself. "Yeah, yeah. You were right. Guess is really didnt have anything to worry about."

"So what did I win~?" She asked in a sultry tone making Izuku's face heat up.

"Uh, y-you can choose where we're going out to tomorrow."

"Ooohh. So now we're having a date tomorrow now?" Izuku felt his face heating up more. He knew he couldn't blush but if he could, he'd be a crimson beacon. Kaina kissed his cheek, calming him down. "Then I'll be sure to pick something fun for the both of us."

Izuku smiled at her but then got serious since his exam was next. He and Kaina were going to have to fight All Might. Even if he wasnt at his full strength from the braces, he'd still be tough. But deep inside of himself, he felt something strange growing.

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed!)