Chapter 15: Izuku Vs Shoto

(A/N: Since no one said they wanted the cavalry battle, I'm skipping it. I hope you enjoy!)

Izuku POV

The cavalry battle had just finished. I easily landed back on the ground and let Tsutsumi off my back as we made our way towards the stage. "And in first place is Team Tsutsumi! What a powerhouse of a team!" I smiled seeing the big ten mill by our name.

"Easiest win ever. Hardly even broke a sweat." I felt the glares from the others around me and I only grew a smile.

"Now, before the next event, everyone, we are going to be taking a break for lunch so everyone can rest and get revitalized! Dismissed!"

——

I was sitting down, eating. I had a few others from my class sitting with me as they were talking about the previous rounds. Suddenly, I grabbed my bowl of rice and jumped back, barely dodging out of the way of Rumi as she destroyed the chair I was sitting in.

"Ugh, seriously? I was just getting comfortable." I took another bite of my food as Rumi looked at me with a smirk.

"Heh, looks like your reaction time is up to par. Not to mention your instincts and senses." She walked up to me and pulled me into a headlock. "Just wanted to wish you luck in the final round, Izuku." She began to ruffle my hair and I tried to pull away.

"H-hey!" I stopped when I felt a comforting hand land on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Ryuko.

"We know you can win, Izuku." I couldn't help but smile and nod.

"Thanks. I'm going to do my best."

Rumi tightened her grip on me. "Ha! You better or I'll come down there and kick you into shape!"

I smiled, knowing she probably would.

——

I stood in the arena, ready for my first match. I saw Shoto walking into the ring and smiled. "Let's get this shit started."

He stooped opposite me in the ring. We stared at each other. I cracked my neck as I cracked my knuckles. "Are you both ready?" Midnight asked us. I nodded and so did Shoto. Midnight raised her hand before she brought it down. "Begin!" Immediately, Shoto froze my entire half of the arena in a glacier.

No one POV

Everyone stared at the giant ice pillar in awe. All but two heroes who kept an eye down in the arena. Midnight waited for a second. Shoto grew a wide smile. "Izuku Tatsuma-Usagiyama is unable to move! The winner is-"

She was cut off when the whole arena began to rumble slightly. Shoto's smile began to fade as cracks in the ice began to form. "My blood is really boiling now." The ice shattered around as the green scaled dragon stepped out.

Shoto watched, seeing his ice... starting to melt around him. "Wh-what?"

"Heh, you thought that was just something I say? No, my body begins to exude large amounts of heat when I fight. Normally I keep it inside, but not this time. So, what else you got?"

All of their classmates watched the two, unsure what was going to happen now. Izumi watched Izuku, trying to see what he was going to do. 'Since we're on opposite sides of the bracket, I'll probably be facing him in the finals. As long as I can make it there anyways. So I need to know how he fights.' She felt her hands trembling at the thought of fighting Izuku again.

Izuku walked through the remains of the still melting ice walking closer to Shoto. Shoto, meanwhile, tried to think of something to do. 'I-is this what Izumi and Katsuki really faced?' He was about to send a wave of flames at Izuku but saw his eyes flash red for a split second before he seemed to vanish before him.

Time seemed to slow around him as he looked back and saw Izuku about to kick him. Everything seemed to return to normal as he felt the sheer power behind Izuku's kick. He went flying through the arena in a second and saw he was about to fly out of bounds.

But then he suddenly stopped and saw Izuku holding his foot. "You're not done yet." He then smashed Shoto into the ground, still in bounds. Shoto tried to pick himself back up but every fiber of his being was shouting at him to stay down.

He couldn't summon any ice from the amount of heat around him. He did the only thing he could think of. After barely managing to pick himself up, he turned around and sent the strongest wave of flames he could directly at Izuku.

The flames completely enveloped Izuku and everyone watched, waiting to see what was going to happen. "What's this!? Shoto Todoroki, after being beaten around like a rag doll, finally managed to put up an offensive! Can Izuku survive this attack?!" Present Mic looked at his co-commentator. "Uh, hey, is he gonna be okay?"

Aizawa kept an eye down in the arena. "Izuku is a very complicated individual. He has both great offensive power and defensive capabilities." The flames around Izuku began to die down. "He's trained for years to get to where his now." Everyone watched the smoke dissipate. "Something like that can't take him down."

Izuku walked out of what was left of the smoke without most of his clothes turned to ash. Only a bit of fabric remained on his shoulder and enough of his pants to remain "descent". "So much for your last chance."

Shoto walked back, feeling fear of the person in front of him. He tripped over some rubble. The blood red eyes, piercing his soul. "I-I give up!"

"Shoto Todoroki has given up! The winner is Izuku Tatsuma-Usagiyama!" Izuku's eyes went back to normal as he walked off the stage and out of the arena. Shoto lost consciousness and two robots with a stretcher came into the arena and carried him away.

"Pff, what a let down of a fight. I was at least expecting some kind of challenge from the way he spoke." Before he entered the tunnel back to the stands and looked at the bracket. Seeing the next fight was Katsuki and Katsumi. "Eh, maybe one of them can give me a fight."

He entered the tunnel and made his way to Recovery Girl to try and get a new change of clothes.

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed!)