Chapter 29: Finals aftermath

(A/N: Okay, managed to get this out. Sorry it's been a while. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!)

Izuku began to wake up, feeling pain all over. He groaned as he looked around and saw Kaina sitting next to him. "Morning, sleepy head."

Izuku felt like he was in trouble. He couldn't remember what happened as he tried to remember back. He decided to remain laying there and keep his mouth shut.

Kaina sighed after a minute of looking at the dragon. "You really worried me, you know."

"Sorry." Izuku looked away, feeling bad.

Kaina rested her hand on Izuku's arm, shaking her head. "No, it's not your fault. I don't understand everything that happened. But I shouldn't be mad at you. I just didn't want you to do something you wouldn't do in your right mind."

Izuku tried to think back to the exam. "I... don't remember much of it. Most of it is just a blur. But... there was this voice. It kept... telling me to... to kill him. Kill All Might. I tried to fight it but..."

Kaina nodded. "Well, it doesn't matter right now. Aizawa said I passed but, uh, you didn't."

Izuku sighed. "I should have seen that coming." He laid his head down on his pillow and looked at the ceiling. "Guess I won't be going to that training camp then. Just try not to get carried away without me."

Kaina chuckled. "Oh please. I know that, whether or not you came, you'll still train just as hard."

"Yeah. But I kinda wanted to train with Izumi." At that, the door to the nurse office opened and Izumi walked in, a concerned look on her face.

She rushed over, seeing Izuku bandaged up again. "A... Are you doing okay?" She asked, unsure how to approach Izuku.

Izuku nodded. "I'm fine," he said, before grunting in pain as Kaina poked his chest.

Kaina chuckled and looked at the green haired girl. "He'll live, Izumi. Though, Recover Girl is currently refusing to heal him so I get to play nurse with him."

Izuku felt his face heat up. "Don't worry about me. But you'll be going to the camp without me."

Izumi grew sad at the news. She was looking forward to the camp with Izuku. "Really? Ugh." Izumi sat down in a chair next to Kaina. "That sucks."

"Well, not much to be done. We'll just have to train hard and show off," Kaina said, nudging Izumi with her shoulder.

"Heh, yeah." Izumi smiled at her brother's girlfriend before looking away, frowning.

——

After Izuku recovered, he was laying in his bed, staring at the ceiling. The memories of what happened during the exam kept running through his mind. He lost complete control. It... scared him.

His door opened but he didn't look to see who it was. "How are you doing?" He recognized his sister's voice.

"I don't know. What if I lose control again?"

Izumi sat down at Izuku's desk. "Well, Kaina managed to calm you down. And if it happens again, I'll do what I can to do it too."

Izuku shook his head. "If I do lose control, I don't want you anywhere near me. There was a... voice. It kept preying on my feelings of All Might. And if I see you while I'm like that... I just..."

"I get it. You don't want to accidentally hurt or kill me. But I'm not gonna sit on the sidelines while you're in trouble and could do something about it. We've had our rough moments and for a long time, hated each other for what I did. But things are different now. At least, I hope we are."