Chapter 21: Returning back

(A/N: I hope you enjoy!)

I was walking out of the cafe with Kaina, laughing and talking with her. It felt so nice to... act like myself. To not be afraid to be myself with someone I really care about. I mean, I get that with mom and mama Rumi but not with anyone else. We were walking down the street, just talking, when I smelled something that began to sour my mood.

"Hey, it's that freak!" I tried to ignore them and just keep walking but Kaina stopped. I looked at her confused.

"Let's just ignore them," I whispered to her.

But she just turned around, looking the the three guys behind us. They were kids from high school. She glared at them. "Ohoho, I'm so scared." The guy in front said.

Kaina just silently walked up to him. She stopped in front of him, glaring at him. "Apologize."

"Hahaha! You want me to be sorry to the freak? You must be one stupid bitch!"

"I'm not going to let you say those things to my boyfriend." My face began to heat up, hearing those words.

"Tch, so he actually managed to get with someone. I guess even a monster like him really can trick someone into dating him." He began to look closer at Kaina. "Heh, you know, you are a looker." He began to smirk. "Maybe I'll change that."

He was about to punch Kaina but froze. He began to feel fear beginning to run through his body, stopping him from moving. "What were you about to do?" He looked behind Kaina, seeing me stare at him, my eyes glowing a blood red.

His voice sent chills up his spine. "I-I-I-"

"If you were about to hurt her, you might want to think twice. Or else." I took a step closer, making the guy fall backwards. "Do you understand?" The guy could only nod his head. "Good. Now get out of here."

He got up, running away with his two friends. My eyes returned to their normal green.

I looked at Kaina, rubbing the back of his hand. "Uh, thanks for standing up for me. You didn't have to."

Kaina smiled, placing her hand on my face and kissing me. "I'm not gonna let some asshole like him say those things to you."

I smiled. "Thanks. I... I haven't had someone do that for me before."

She smiled at me. "Well, you didn't have me before." She took my hand. "Now come on, I'm sure the others are waiting for us by now."

——

No one POV

Everyone from class 1-A was gathered in the mall cafeteria, waiting for Izuku and Kaina to show back up. "Man, where are those two?" Kirishima asked.

"Oh, what if there off somewhere, smooching?" Hagakure said.

"Oooh, yeah. You saw how they acted after their battle in the sports festival. They are so getting together!" Mina shouted.

"No way. Izuku's too mean and gruff to get her to go out with him," Kaminari said. "I mean, he's a cool dude and all, but he's way too cold to get with someone like Tsutsumi."

"Cold, you say?" A chill suddenly shot through Kaminari's spine. He slowly looked back and saw Izuku there, looking down at him, his green eyes seeming like they were glowing slightly. "Well, I can't say you're wrong. I do act cold to people I don't know very well."

"U-uh, hey, sorry! I-I didn't mean it, dude!" Kaminari had his hands in front of his face, sweat dripping down his face.

Izuku looked at him for a second before smiling. "Ha, yeah, I don't really care. I was just messing with you." Kaminari sighed a huge sigh of relief. "Anyways, we should probably be headed back to school."

Everyone agreed and they all headed back to the school.

——

Izuku went back to his room, thinking about what happened today. He smiled, happy he actually managed to tell the girl he likes how he feels without her calling him some freak or monster.

Suddenly, he heard a knock at his door, causing him to get up to see who it was. Opening the door, he saw Izumi there, looking nervous and holding a small bag. "Hey. Mind if I come in?"

Izuku moved out of the way, letting the shorter girl inside of his room. She stopped in the center of his room and Izuku walked up to her. "What's up?"

"Is it true?"

Izuku looked at her curiously. "Is what true?"

"You asked Tsutsumi out."

"Oh. Yeah. We started dating I guess." Izuku rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, for what it's worth, I'm happy for you. Also, uh, here." She handed the small bag to Izuku. "It's not much, but I hope you like it."

Izuku opened the small bag and saw a glass jar. Pulling it out, he saw it was a candle in the jar. "Lavender and cinnamon?"

"The lavender helps to calm the mind and relieve stress. The cinnamon helps with focusing your mind and sometimes helps bring in feelings of joy. I figured you'd find it useful."

Izuku looked at the jar before setting it down on his desk. "Uh, thanks." He looked back at Izumi. "Didn't know you knew so much about candles."

"I-I don't know that much about them. Anyways, there's one last reason I came here. It's about One for All."

"Oh, that quirk you used during our fight."

Izumi nodded. "That's it. It's not a normal quirk, though. You know that guy I said you were working with, All for One?" He nodded. "Well, he had a hand in making it. For a couple hundred years now, One for All's been passed from one holder to another."

"Whoa, wait wait wait. Are you saying that it's a quirk that can be passed down? And not genetically."

Izumi nodded. "Yeah. You have to ingest the DNA of the holder, who also has to want to give it on. It's not something that can be taken."

"So? Why are you telling me this?"

"Well, two reasons. First, dad wasn't born with a quirk. He was quirkless."

"Tch, yeah father of the fucking year, he is."

"The second reason is... I want to give it to you."

"..." Izuku stared at her silently for a second, looking to see if she was joking. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. I want t-"

"No."

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed!)