Part 6

"So, what are you going to do about it?" Eunwoo asked as their horses trotted slowly.

Yoongi sighed."That's the thing! I'm scared Eunwoo! I've never had these butterflies before, and she said the person I have butterflies for is the one, but that's ridiculous!"

"Why is that ridiculous?" Eunwoo chuckled. "I see the way you look at her."

"With Pure irritation?"

"If we're using antonyms, then yes, definitely."

"And worse, she set up a casual date for me with some girl name Hana! She has assured me that girl is the one!"

"As your friend, I would tell you to follow your heart. Maybe you should see how this date goes with Hana and give it a little thought.."

"But Hana is of status, "Yoongi argued. "And Y/N is not, I must do what's best for the kingdom."

Eunwoo tipped his head back in laughter. "My my, do you hear yourself? I've never known that you care about what's best for the kingdom, so don't start now. Also, do you think I would have still married Jessi even if she wasn't of status?"

"N-"

"Yes! One hundred times yes, because I love her. One day you'll also know what that feels like."

Yoongi looked at his lifelong friend."Just have one more question. Did you feel these so-called butterflies?"

"Yes! Every day whenever I'm with her, she brings out the great in me I didn't know I had, and it's an amazing feeling."

"But my father would never understand. So even if my heart says something, my mind tugs towards my father's rule."

________

You gnawed your pencil nervously. Hana had arrived at the castle, and Yoongi was giving her a quick tour before they left to go on their date. You really hoped that things would work out with Hana, and you could finally go home and forget about the Prince. Heck, who were you kidding? You could never forget Yoongi, His snarky attitude and secret soft side were quite adorable.

"I know that look."

You turned towards Kat with a nervous smile. "What look?"

"The one that looks like you're constipated, and the bathroom is locked. Just calm down. Hana has 96% compatibility with the Prince. She can't fail..that is..unless you want her too." Kat said with a sly grin.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't think I haven't noticed the looks you send his way or the lack of anger in your arguments with him. Y/N have you finally found your love partner?"

"Of course NO! He's my client, it would be wrong for me to have any kind of romantic feelings toward him."

"Doesn't seem to be stopping you though," Kat smirked.

"Seriously! Stop! We are nothing!"

"Nothing but love bugs!" Kat teased. "By the way, you have a 98% compatibility with him, just saying."

"Kat! Why you told me that..??Ahhhh You're making me feel worse!"

You groaned into your pillow.

___________

12:30, at midnight, he was still not back. Glancing towards the window, you hadn't seen him pull up yet. Was he hurt? Did his car break down? Was Hana a secret assassin waiting for the perfect moment to kill the Prince?

"He's fine, Y/N," Kat said rolling her eyes as if reading your thoughts.
"And Hana is not an assassin."

You were saying all that loud? Oops.

"I'm just worried."

"Yeah, I can tell." Kat scoffed. "But seriously, he's probably just having a nice time."

"I guess you're right. I'm gonna grab some chocolates, want some?"
You said tying your fluffy white robe.

"I'm good, thanks. And please don't make a fool of yourself."

"Of course." You said playfully rolling your eyes.

Wandering down the cool halls of the castle made your mind at ease. There wasn't much light, which you were thankful for because you didn't want anyone seeing you in your chocolate-craving state. As you turned the corner to the stairs, you walked right into the solid chest. You felt someone steady you, and you looked toward your human wall.

 You felt someone steady you, and you looked toward your human wall

"Whoa, Y/N, are you okay? " Yoongi asked, his voice low and soft.

"Yeah, I, uh, was just, uh, looking for some chocolate."

"At 12:30? In your pajamas?" Yoongi questioned.

"Yes." You said crossing your arms. "You are saying that as if that's not normal."

"It's not. At least I don't think, anyway."

"Enough about me. Now tell me how was your date?"

You could practically see his eyes light up."It was amazing! Hana was unlike any woman I've met! Charming and sweet, yet carefree. I must say, I had my doubts, but you work wonders."

Your heart sank. The date went well? You put on a fake smile and nudged him.

"That's great! So You are going on a second date?"

"Absolutely!"

"Well then." You said quietly. "I'll head back to my room."

"But you haven't gotten your chocolate. Come to the kitchen and celebrate with me.."

You let out a shaky sigh. "Thanks, but I'm not really feeling to crave chocolate anymore, and you should probably get some rest. Big day tomorrow."

Yoongi stepped back slowly and fidgeted with them off his shirt. "Oh- okay then. See you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow, Your Highness." You said walking away.

"Yoongi." He said as you turned. "My n-name's Yoongi. Th-that's if you want to call me that."

"See you tomorrow, Yoongi."

Yoongi watched as you walked away. "It's what's best for the kingdom," Yoongi said, even though his heart tugged towards you.

King Taejoon watched as Yoongi walked down the hall, scolding himself. The King wasn't blind to his son as everyone thought he was. Sighing, the King shook his head.

"Come on Suga."