ASR's Nightmare

Slap.
Khushi just slapped him right across his face.
Khushi - how dare you? How can uou even think about asking me out Mr Raizada?
She raised her hand to slap him again

Arnav shouted - no.....

Khushi - arnavji, arnavji what happened?

Arnav jerked out from his nightmare.

Khushi - where are you lost? You just asked me what's my plan for today and i said No plans, why? And then you zoned out. What happened? Is everything alright.

Arnav - yeah yeah huh.. it just that I... actually..... nothing ...... sorry

Khushi looked at him, Asr is stuttering.

Arnav to himself - thank God it was a dream I can't be so direct and fast with khushi. She will definitely either slap me or she will just completely shut me off. No. I have to be perfect this time. I can't even afford a tiny mistake.

Arnav - khushi actually I wanted to say... I am sorry.

Khushi- for what?

Arnav - for everything.

Khushi didn't react. She didn't know how to.
There was an awkward silence between them. Arnav was about to speak further but was interrupted by a voice.

Payal- arrey khushi you came so early?

Khushi - yes jiji I wanted to be back before babuji wakes up.

Payal- did you have breakfast?

Khushi- no even buddy has not eaten. Have you eaten jiji?

Payal - no

Khushi- great so let's go to laxminagar jiji let's eat kachori n aalu sabji in our favourite store like old times, buddy will have milk and bread there. Let's go.

Khushi was all excited about it. And buddy got more excited as he saw her so happy.
Payal smiled at her excitement and was tempted to agree immediately.

Payal- khushi but I have to cook for everyone.

Khushi's smile fell. Buddy looked at her and sighed.

Payal - actually di has a headache and ma ji wasn't feeling well as well so I have to cook today. Even hp n jp are on leave. But I promise we will go tomorrow morning and have your favorite pyaz ki kachori together.

Khushi - it's OK jiji. Let's delay my cravings for tomorrow. It's just that it's been 4 years. You know Nisha and prem also want to eat delhi's food. They have never been to delhi.

Payal - that's great, so tomorrow we will work on your craving and after that we will make a list of all places we will visit with Nisha n prem.

Khushi smiled.

Akash came down. He looked at his wife smiling.

Akash- good morning

Khushi- good morning jiju

Buddy barked.

Someone rang the door bell.

Akash - this would be for me.

Payal looked confused who would come for him so early.

Akash opened the door and received a big parcel.

Payal - who is this for akashji?

Akash looked at her shocked, did his wife initiate a talk with him? Did she just took interest in what's happening in his life?

Akash- I ordered this for buddy.

Khushi got all excited.

Khushi- what??????

Akash came and sat with them and started opening the parcel. As soon as it opened buddy started jumping. It contained various flavoured treats for him, his biscuits and lots of balls and other toys.
Payal looked at akash with admiration.

Akash- actually khushiji yesterday while preparing your , prem, Nisha and rita aunty's rooms I realized our house is not buddy friendly. And buddy should be comfortable here.

Arnav- that's lovely akash. You bought the entire shop it seems.

Buddy was about to jump in the box. But khushi stopped him.

Payal - you guys sit I should start cooking. And let me bring milk and bread for buddy as well.

Khushi- thanks jiji, do you need help?

Payal - no you sit, I will make Tea first.

Payal left for kitchen.

Arnav- akash why don't you show khushi and buddy their room.

Akash- sure bhai, come khushiji. Akash picked up their luggage.

Once they left arnav ran towards the kitchen.

Arnav saw payal making tea and thinking what to make.

Arnav- hey

Payal - do you need anything arnavji?

Arnav - huh yes actually you don't have to cook anything.

Payal - why?

Arnav - can you tell me the name of the kachori place you and khushi were talking about I will bring breakfast for everyone from there. Khushi will be so happy.

Payal - and you care about her happiness?

Arnav's smile fell.

Payal - arnavji don't mess this up this time. Last time khushi lost all her relationships. Even I lost her and I never deserved it.

Arnav- payal I promise I won't do anything to harm her. I love her. I love her like crazy. And she loves me too. You read the letter she left me that day.

Payal - yes I did arnavji but that letter also asked you to move on.

Arnav - I can't move on without khushi, payal. She has to be in my life only then I can live.

Payal looked unconvinced. Arnav sighed and started to move out.

Payal- sharma kachori wale.

Arnav smiled.

Arnav - thanks a lot payal

Payal - khushi ko teekhi kachori aur chatni pasand hai. Apne liye, Babuji, amma, buaji aur nani ji k liye specially kam teekhi kachori banvani padegi. Di, Ma ji aur papaji ko meethi chatni pasand hai. ( khushi likes spicy kachori with spicy sauce, for yourself babuji amma buaji and naniji bring less spicy kachori which has to be made on special order, di maji and papaji likes sweet sauce)
Aur akashji ko ..(and akash likes)

Payal stopped

Arnav - aur akash ko? (and akash likes)

Payal - unke liye bread pakore le aana unko pyaz ki kachori nahi pasand. ( bring bread pakore for him he doesn't like kachori)

Arnav smiled.

This woman knows everything about his family. Even if he gives away everything for her it would be less. He was supposed to be taking care of her. And here she was taking care of everyone.

Arnav- aur tumhe? (And you)

Payal looked at him shocked.

Payal - mughe? (Me?)

Arnav - tumhe kya pasand hai? (What's your choice?)

Payal was about to dismiss him saying nothing. But akash defeated her and spoke before her.

Akash- payal ko kachori meethi chutney aur Hari mirchi k saath khana pasand hai. (Payal likes her kachori with sweet sauce and fresh green chillis)

Arnav - thanks akash I will make sure to bring some green chillis as well.

Saying so he left.