Meri Gudiya

She walked towards her father. When she saw him, everything else around her seem to have stopped. He was looking so vulnerable, he was constantly murmuring khushi. He had glucose and oxygen mask on him. She flinched when she saw the strongest man she knew is so weak currently. She walked towards him and kept her hand on his forehead.

Khushi- Babuji, i am here your khushi is here, please open your eyes. You cant leave me like this. You always used to say that i never demand anything, i am demanding you to wake up today. This is your gudiya asking you to open your eyes, i wont talk to you ever if you dont open your eyes.

Shashi Gupta loved his daughters. And even though khushi was adopted he never considered her adopted like his jiji and wife. he loved her like he loved payal. Even in this weak state he could hear her demanding something from him, he could hear her calling him and he could hear her sobs. 

His fingers moved, and is eyes started moving. He finally opened his eyes to see his daughter after 4 long years. Khushi smiled at him, and wiped her tears.

khushi- babuji, you are fine? what have you done to yourself? how can you be so careless?

shashi smiled seeing his daughter scolding him. he removed his mask and whispered

shashi- mai thik hun gudiya. 

Khushi smiled. 

Everyone was amazed to see him speaking, everyone lost their hope. But here he was smiling and speaking. Khushi was his lifeline. 

Arnav sighed in relief, he was guilty for spoiling khushi's life. He was guilty for spoiling his brother akash's married life, he could not have dealt with the guilt of a murder. Yes he knew he was responsible for this mess.  That's why he dialed khushi's number yesterday. He knew only he could save and heal shashi. 

Akash looked at payal. 

Akash- payal?

payal- hum thik hai she replied in a stern manner.

Akash sighed, he tried a lot in these 4 years to bring back the payal he fell in love with. She left her guard down in the past month when she became weak n vulnerable because of her babuji. But the wall was back now. And he knew why, the reason is not ASR his brother, the reason was he himself and his mother. He still regrets the way he treated her post their marriage. He promised her stars and moon. What did he gave her? he gave her the reason to guard herself from the world. He saw khushi smiling, n somehow that gave her hope. this girl can bring someone back from his death bed, she would definitely be able to bring payal back. He wants her to be happy, with or without him, he has no selfish wish of keeping payal as his wife, even if she leaves him he would let her go. It would hurt him if she goes away, but he is ready for that hurt if that could bring his payal back.

Mamiji saw her son with guilt. She regrets everything, she is responsible for this state. She daily sees acquisition in his son's eyes. And she is ready to face this lifelong. She prays daily for payal's happiness, because only that can make her son happy. Manohar saw khushi smiling with her babuji and that made him so content, after a long time he saw genuine smile on someone's face in shantivan. Payal akash used to smile for him but he knew their state. He looked at his mother, who's eyes were shining with hope. She lost all hope of happiness in this house. But today he saw hope in her eyes. 

Anjali was lost in that moment. Only if she was more strong and vigilant. She calls arnav chote but every time he protected her, why did her little brother felt the need of protecting her, when she should have protected him? She was weak human being. 

Khushi- Babuji, now you sleep. We will meet tomorrow. 

Babuji- where are you going gudiya

Rita aunty who was standing with buddy, spoke up.

Rita- Dont worry shashiji, she would be with me.

Shashi looked at the lady in confusion

Khushi- babuji this is rita aunty i live with her in Shimla, and that is my buddy.

Shashi looked at the kind eyes of the lady and joined his hand in gratitude. Rita immediately shook her head. Shashi then saw the innocent bundle of joy, buddy who was looking at him with concerned filled eyes. He smiled and buddy barked. He was about to pounce on him to give kisses but khushi broke his jump.

Khushi- no buddy let babuji get healthy then u give him kisses.

Shashi- i am healthy gudiya

Khushi- yes i can see that

shashi sighed.

Khushi - u rest now i would come tomorrow.

shashi closed his eyes, and a peaceful sleep engulfed him. 

Khushi stood up and looked at the family that once belonged to her and smiled at them. 

Rita- Chalein?

arnav- if u don't mind u can stay here..

but he was rudely cut by

rita- our luggage is in hotel sorry

rita knew this would happen, but they wont let khushi be emotionally exploited anymore.

khushi sensed things are getting heated up

khushi- arnavji rita aunty already made our living arrangement before coming to Delhi

arnav nodded he is no one argue, he knew his place. 

She moved towards anjali.

khushi- anjaliji, i should have told you about him i am sorry. i thought he would change.

anjali- how do you know?

khushi- newspapers.

anjali- it was never your fault. 

khushi smiled.

rita- chalein beta, u have to rest it was a long journey. buddy is tired too.

khushi nodded n moved out with rita aunty n buddy, ram was waiting for them in the car, the family saw the car drove off the mansion. arnav sighed, this would be difficult he knew, but he never imagined his redemption to be almost like a mission impossible.