New Khushi

It was over. Finally it was over for Khushi. 6 months of marriage....... 6 months of humiliation, 6 months of blackmailing......6 months of hate..... 6 months of torture....6 months of contract. She never had dreams to begin with, marriage was all she dreamt about. Now she realizes that she deserved so much better. Arnavji was not cruel to her, she was cruel to herself because she never thought about herself.  

But now she would think about herself, since its over she would think about herself.  She was just 19 to scream out loud. Her dreams cant be all about Guptas and Raizadas. Those people who never understood her. Never believed her. They just judged her. Only judged her. 

She gave up on Guptas when they abandoned her on her marriage day. She gave up on Raizadas when they forgave their Arnav and were normal with him on the 3rd day of contract marriage but not her. And she gave up on her Arnavji when he told her that she deserved this pain. Since then she has been counting days. Since then she is waiting for this horrible phase to be over. 

She was sitting on the floor looking at her wrist watch and telling herself, "Sirf 5 minute aur khushi phir tu azad hai bilkul azad" (only 5 minutes khushi then you are free completely free). She dropped her surnames after she gave up on her so called family. She was just khushi now just khushi. And her dabba service was called khushi's rasoi (khushi's kitchen). Which was doing pretty well, because in the last 6 months she was only focusing on that. 

She walked inside and saw Arnav sleeping. She loved him, she wont deny that ever in her life. And she doesn't blame him, when the family who were her own did not believe her it would be unfair to expect him to believe her. He always hated her. Although he never told her the reason for their sudden contract marriage but she figured it out. She saw his discomfort around shyam. She saw his face clench when shyam used to say"khushiji". So she knew he believed the worst. But why should she blame him, he believed his family. Which is the right thing to do.  

She smiled and she walked towards him, she placed light kiss on his forehead and kept a packet for him on his side table. And then she walked towards the door with her suitcase. She opened the door and stopped. Should she turn back, she questioned herself. Her heart said yes, "for the last time khushi, just this last time turn around and look at him may be this is the last time you are seeing him". But her brain said No, "no Khushi don't do that to yourself move ahead now since its over". If she would have been old khushi she would have listen to her heart, but she was new khushi so she walked out without looking back. 

She walked out for her new journey. To discover herself and her ambitions. She walked out to live for herself. She walked out to love herself. 

This is my first attempt. Be kind. Criticism is welcomed. Let me know whether I should continue it.