𝒜𝒸𝓉 𝐼

A/N: This is so exciting and I am THRILLED to start this story! I am posting this first chapter now as a teaser and will not update this story until Thanksgiving... That is the time to start writing about Christmas in my opinion <3 Please comment a bunch and vote to get this fic out to new readers!!

CW: Discussions of poor relationships with Parental figures, eating disorders in ballet and disrespect toward woman (particularly in sex work). This is not by my main characters!

~

Alana rolled over on her back, her chest heaving. She licked over her lips and exhaled one last time, trying to regain her vision. The guy she met tonight was good, he knew what he was doing, and she hadn't had that in a long time.

Understanding that she was hated by most of the city, especially the old squares who believed that you date to marry. Lana always found herself looked down upon at public gatherings and other events her pretentious and control-freak mother would host. She was twenty-two years old, which was definitely of age to be able to do whatever the fuck she wanted, but unfortunately, that didn't apply to her mother.

It was always silent judgment, or the actual judgment with words, unable to help herself, throwing a sarcastic or brash comment that made her feel like an actual whore. Lana slept around but still respected herself.

She met Liam earlier tonight at a sponsorship gala for the Children's Hospital of New York that her mother and father were putting on. Her dad specialized in robotic and prosthetic work and made billions of dollars with the way to allow nerves and feelings to transfer to the prosthetic. Her parents didn't care about the children, though. It was only about the money and the public image.

Lana was drinking away her will to smack her mother after listening to her fake-ass speech and approached Liam in his nice tuxedo and a glass of whiskey in his hand. He was friendly, polite, and hot.

Good enough.

She took him home to her Parent's large penthouse apartment that everyone in the city envied. Lana wasn't one to brag about her wealth, but everyone knew who she was and about her genuinely improper reputation. They didn't even acknowledge the fact that she was one of the best ballerinas in the city.

But the most evident reason was that Lana's mother, Julia was the most uptight and strict woman you could ever meet. To Lana's friends, she was a saint, but behind closed doors, she was the epitome of crazy. As soon as she found out Lana dropped out of Law school to become a professional Ballerina, committing full time to her passion, her mother had a panic attack in the kitchen, crying her eyes out and saying how disappointed everyone in the firm would be of Julia. Her mother, would be the disappointment.

So naturally, she did what any mentally unstable parent would do... and kicked her daughter out.

Alana drove to her best friend Peter's house in outrage. As soon as she arrived, she broke down in absolute ugly sobs, ranting and hyperventilating to her friend in confusion and knowing she would never be good enough for her parents.

Peter and her met in ballet class at six years old. They instantly clicked and have been best friends ever since, every show they would do together. Their teacher for years noticed their incredible chemistry and cast them to consistently perform together in pairs.

Lana loved him like a brother, and he loved her like the sister he never had. That is reflected in their partnership in the art.

He had brown and curled hair that fell into his eyes if he didn't slick it back. A muscular, gorgeous, and tall physique. Deep brown eyes that looked like the beautiful smell of crushed espresso in a morning coffee. He lived with his Aunt May, who was widowed and had more money than she could spend. If it weren't for his parents and uncle dying, Lana and Peter would have never met in the ridiculously expensive ballet class.