𝒜𝒸𝓉 𝑋𝑉𝐼𝐼

A/N: Shorter chapter for the usual length in this story, but just some insight needed for Bucky's pov! Comment, vote and the next chapter will be up later today 😉

CW: Discussions of death and cancer

~

Bucky unlocks his apartment door and walks in, Rebecca behind him in her ballet uniform. He has had a pit in his stomach ever since Alana called him crying. He wanted to be there for her and help her out, but he wanted to see his mom just as much.

"Where were you last night?" Becca grumbles in an annoyed complaint. "I had to cook dinner."

Bucky chuckles to himself.

"I think sometimes you forget I have a life?" He smirks, setting his leather jacket on the counter and sighing. He didn't bring his bags full of thousand-dollar items inside yet. He didn't want Becca to get suspicious.

Rebecca pouts and glares at him playfully. "What? You have a girlfriend?" She couldn't help but giggle to herself, thinking that was impossible with how her brother always acted with her, his temperament making it impossible in her eyes for him to be in a relationship.

Bucky shrugs subtly in response, and she stops in her tracks, straightening up and her eyes widening. "Wait- Wait, you do?!"

"No, I don't!" He replies, sounding nonchalant.

"Yeah, you do! What the fuck?! Is that why you just leave out of nowhere?"

He shakes his head, not wanting her to get involved in all of it. "No. I have just been hanging out with Steve."

Rebecca's face twists into a pout. "Ugh! Dammit! I thought you would be cool for once!" She teases. "Your life is so boring."

He shrugs and pulls at his hair. Rebecca tilts her head, noticing his clean cut look, an unusual appearance for him due to their funds. "Wait- Am I crazy... Or did you get a haircut?" She asks.

"Yeah," he pulls out his phone, typing away to text Alana quickly about tomorrow.

Rebecca's brows raise. "Wait... You have a fucking phone!?" She walks up to him and tries to take it, he holds it up, and her short height makes it easy for her not to reach. He keeps it in the air, ensuring that she can't grab it from him. Rebecca stomps her foot and groans. "James Buchanan-"

He raises his brows and steps back.

"No questions!"

"I have about fifty! Since when are you a male escort?" Rebecca gets on the counter and tries to retake the phone, but Bucky tugs it back, busting out laughing.

"I'm not a male escort!"

"Then how did you get that!? You got a sugar momma?" She teases further, and finally, he flashes her a look that he's done with the probing. She huffs in annoyance and folds her arms. "You never tell me anything anymore," she mutters.

Bucky opens the fridge, grabs some of the bottled water, and pulls out the Thanksgiving leftovers. He takes some of the bread he made and starts building three sandwiches. He takes the cold turkey, some lettuce, mayo, cheese, and tomatoes and assembles them. Bucky hands it to Rebecca, and she looks at it, hesitating before she takes a big bite.

Becca rounds the kitchen counter and sits down, swinging her feet as she takes bites of her food.

Bucky reaches into the fridge again, grabbing his mother's meds, and pulls them out. He pours them into his hand and puts them in a small bowl. He assembles his mom's plate and takes the water and pills with him. Bucky knocks on the door and cracks the entrance slightly. Winnifred is lying down, and he smiles softly, missing her and how he feels he was gone for too long.