Chapter Twenty-Six

December had fallen over Riverdale in the blink of an eye

December had fallen over Riverdale in the blink of an eye. Houses decorated, bright colourful lights filling the streets and of course Marens beloved Pops looked like Santa and his helpers had gotten sick everywhere.

Ren sat in the festive diner with Archie and Jughead, they had gotten closer in the weeks leading up to Christmas, mostly due to Marens friendship with Toni.

"You guys gonna stay in town for break?" Maren asked snipping her coffee, pouring in some more milk.

"Yea, we were gonna visit my mom but she booked a singles cruise so" Archie said making Ren laugh lightly at the idea.

"How're you and Veronica?" Jughead questioned, the subject being a little touchy.

"We've been better" He sighed.

"If it's any consolation, Betty and I haven't been in the greatest place"

"And to add a little more misery i've been single since i don't know forever" Ren smirked hoping the boys would feel slightly better.

"Jughead, you want a Christmas tree? You and your dad, on the house?" Fred Andrews interrupted.

"It would have to be a small one Mr A."

"How about you Maren?" Fred pointed at her wiggling his eyebrows.

Maren laughed before shaking her head, "Sorry Mr Andrew we've had ours a while now"

"So will you both at Kevin's Secret Santa thing?" Archie looked between the pair.

"Yeah cause that sounds like so much fun" Maren said eyeing the pair making them laugh, truth be told she hated christmas, that and the fact her and Kevin weren't as close anymore.

The bell to Pops rang indicating nee costumers, Ren looked over her shoulder to see Aaron and few other Bulldogs. "Well there's my cue" Ren slid out of the booth book in hand.

"I'll see you guys" She saluted the pair before heading over to his brother, he opened his arms and pulled her in for a hug.

"You know it's weird that you hang out with them so much" Aaron spoke eyeing the pair of boys.

"What? Weird how A?"

"Cmon Ren, they're two guys" Reggie butted in.

Maren sighed before turning to him, "Sorry Reginald, you know if you want to take my place be my guest" She smiled winking at him making the boys laugh loudly.