Chapter Thirty-One

"When do you think they'll arrive?" Willow asked and as if the Gods were listening, the school doors burst open and in walked the leather clad kids

Jughead had led the group with Toni beside him, T winked at Ren as they passed.

"Oh my do you know her?" Willow whispered with excited, Ren laughed and nodded.

"Friends, on behalf of students and faculty of Riverdale High. Welcome to your new school" Veronica started her little preppy speech. "To ease this transition they've set up a registration desk where you can get your locker assignments and a list of extracurricular activities"

"Well she's in for it" Maren turned to Willow with a smirk noticing how Jug and the others were staring at Ronnie amused.

"Stand down Eva Perone" and just like that Cheryl with Aaron on her side, followed by the Bulldogs and other cheerleaders walked down the school stairs.

"Shit"

"There's the school spirit I so fondly remember" Jughead spoke with a smirk while Toni looked mad.

"Wipe that smirk off Jones, trust me it won't last long" Aaron spat to him.

"No one invited Southside scum to our school" Maren had now made her way to stand next to Toni, Willow following blindly. "Listen up ragamuffins, i will not allow Riverdale Highs GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with...underachievers" Aaron laughed loudly at her comment making Ren stare him down.

"So please, find another school to take down, we don't really like failures hanging about" Aaron added.

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face" Toni walked forward aggressively making Ren step out and grab her arm.

"Happily Queen of the Buskers" Cheryl wouldn't stand down but neither would Toni.

As each side got closer and angrier Archie Andrews decided to save the day. "Okay everyone, can't we just put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over, a new slate?"

Reggie scoffed, "You don't speak for the Bulldogs Andrews"

"Need i remind you, these greasers showed up at your place to kick your ass?" Aaron walked toward the group now while eyeing Maren up and down.

Sweet Pea pushed Ren away and went right for him, "Time to finish what we started" Fangs grabbed his arm knowing his hot temper would end badly, as did Maren. She took his hand and pulled him back abit though he wouldn't budge, instead he looked down and her and took a breath.

Veronica let out a 'ugh' sound before chatting about "Toxic masculinity in these hallways right now" Before Weatherbee cut her off.

"All right, enough pomp and circumstance. Everyone let's get to class. Now!"

Everyone spilt up and went their separate ways but not before Aaron could have his say, "Pick a side Maren cause right now, youre on the wrong one"

"There shouldn't be any sides you idiot" Ren folded her arms, "we're in the same school like it or not Aaron"

"You seemed pretty cosy with those snakes Maren, but remember whatever you choose snakes will bite" With that he walked off.

"Maren, can we talk?" Archie approached the girl and once she nodded pulled her into an empty classroom.

"What's up?"

"I'm sorry to bring this up but i want to talk about Nick St Clair"

Maren froze, confused as to why he'd bring that monster up. "Did you know that after he left Riverdale he got into an accident?"

"Why're you bringing this up Archie?" She turned around so he wouldn't see the tears in her eyes.

"Like a pretty bad car crash?"

"Sorry if i don't shed tears for him Andrews but he- he touched me? Put me through the worst pain, heck i can barely let someone touch me without slightly panicking"

He sighed feeling bad for bringing it up but he needed to know, "Do you think Hiram Lodge had anything to do with it?"

"Why do you care Archie? Not that Hiram or my dad minded about hearing that most of his bones were crushed, who actually cares?" Maren stood up angrily, "Cause i surely don't have a care in the world for him, he could die right now and i'd spit on his grave"

"Maren wai-" Archie was silenced by the door slamming shut, "fuck"

~~~~

Maren sat on the arm of Toni's seat as they all sat in the lounge, Josie and Veronica were introducing themselves as Pea and Ren basically had a staring contest.

"And i'm Willow, like the tree! But you guys can call me Will or Willow whatever floats your boat" Everyone, Maren included stared at her with strange faces, "Sorry im excited, Im Marens friend too by the way"

"Didnt think you had friends Maren?" Sweet Pea smirked at the girl.

She put up the middle finger, "You'd know all about that right Sweet Tea?"

Before he could clap back Mr Weatherbee stormed in, "You guys, Yes you! Come with me!" His voice was angered and stern, "Now."

He led the group of teens down the hall where Aaron and Reggie were waiting, Maren hadn't a clue what was going on until Willow hit her arm and pointed to the Riverdale High crest which was now spray painted over with a Serpent.

"Which of you defaced our school seal with this graffiti?" Weatherbee was raged, yet a very smug Reggie and Aaron stood side by side over the art.

"This is what they do principal Weatherbee" Reggie shrugged pointing at it.

"They tag their turf" Aaron added on folding his arms.

"My god boys, could you be anymore transparent?" For once Maren could agree with the Lodge girl.

"Effective immediately: no gang behaviour of any kind will be tolerated in my school" He started, "as of this moment, no more Serpent jackets"

"What?" Sweet Pea gave out.

"You've got to be kidding me"

"No more Serpent jackets. All tattoos are gonna be covered, possession of any gang paraphernalia will lead to immediate suspension" Aaron continued to smirk, making Jug and Pea clench their fists.

"Are we clear? That's all" Weatherbee finished, Aaron and Reggie high fives each other discretely as the Serpents walked off angrily.

"I don't know what dirty game you're playing, but just a head ups" Maren stood in front of her brother and Reggie, "The Serpents will always play dirtier" and she walked off to follow them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~