Up to Arms

"Aaaahh!"

The little black critters chirped and chattered as they ran all over the village of Emelka. I stood by Ruel, firing counter shots as best as I could, but sadly my powers weren't that developed yet. And I just learned this spell like. . . Two weeks ago. "Well say hi to the human excavator you dirty beasts! Ruel Stroud is here!" Then he smashed one with his shovel.

Their bodies went flat like a bug. I point my hand at more of the angry critters, shooting counter after counter. When one almost touched my foot, I scream and raise my arms up. A minute hand shot up from the ground stabbing the animal. "Phew, that was close."

Yugo was on a barrel, using it to crush the animals and swatted them with a broom. "Gah! Ha!"

Alibert, Yugo's Dad, was surrounded by them, whacking them all with his own shovel. "Get out of my village you ugly beasts!"

One by one they were smashed by the mayor of Emelka. The sound of children screaming alerted him, making him turn to see Jason's daughter and a few other kids standing on a barrel, surrounded by the critters.

"Mia!"

Jason goes to clomb out of the wi dow to help his daughter, but Alibert tell him, "Stay where it's safe Jason! Let me clean up this mess first!"

He growls, and swings his shovel around. As he destroyed the ones on the walls and ground, kung-fu sounds came out of his mouth. Thinking the cost is cleared, he makes sure the kids are okay-

"Mister Mayor! Look out!" Jason yells.

One wasn't smashed all the way, touching Alibert's leg. Green ferns started to grow where he was touched, and it was spreading quickly. He drops his weapon in shock.

"Dad!"

Yugo comes running up, tears coming down his eyes. "Yugo, listen to me! You will get a message to tell you where to find your real family." Words quickly slipped put of his mouth as the green was getting closer to his face. "The message! Go find the message." Then he was gone.

"No! Dad! Move! Say something!!"

Coming around the corner, I whistle a merry tune, glad that there were no more of the forest critters. "Now that's what I call a job- Alibert!"

I see a hedge in the shape of the innkeeper, with Yugo standing in front of it crying. I rush over, knowing that he got touched. Poor Yugo. . . He was on his knees, staring at the plant that was his father. I knelt down next to him. And this was the only parent he had, which meant he had nobody else. Adopted or not. "I'm so so sorry Yugo."

Suddenly I feel a rumble, and a huge oak tree pops up out of nowhere behind us. "Holy Bwork!" Ruel screams.

Where did that come from? The boy doesn't even acknowledge the weird tree, still crying over his father. The old enutrof comes by, seeing his shovel brother like this. "Poor poor Alibert. Don't worry Yugo, we'll find a cure."

"Is there a cure for this?" Then he smacks me upside the head. "Ow! What?"

His head nods to Yugo, and then it clicked. Oh, oh man. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. He needs all the hope he can get. My heart was getting torn up at the sight of the boy. "I know an eniripsa who can-"

"Where is he?!"

I lift my head up, looking around. Who's that?

"The boy who freed me from evil Rubilax!" Oh, the Iop woke up, about time too. And he looks much more lively after his nap.

"Well, I had forgotten about him." Ruel mumbles. "You finally woke up, then?"

Everybody stands up to see who was doing all the yelling and commotion. He runs up to us, and introduces himself, clearly not understanding the situation right now. "Sir Percedal of Sadlygrove! Noble knight, Order of the Guardians of the Shushus."