The Ugly Princesses

Walking... that's all we've been doing all day, is walking. For weeks we have been stuck in these woods, most likely running in circles. The map we had gotten was no help at all, if anything it made things worse. My feet are really starting to hurt. And I wasn't the only one feeling like that. "My feet are like jelly, I can't take another step." Amalia complained.

"We're completely lost."

"And whose fault is that I wonder?" Eva asked Yugo sarcastically.

For hours we've been walking. The gang finally stops, and pulls the magic map out. "This map doesn't help! Its too easily insulted."

I fall on my back, considering this a rest stop. My body aches from walking all day. "I was only joking when I said I was gonna use it to wipe my-"

While Ruel went on with his gross joke, I hear Dally say something. "What was that Dally? I didn't get it."

"Oh Y/n!" The Iop shoves a rage into my face. "Smell it! It has the most beautiful and wonderful scent I've ever seen!"

I pull my face back. This close and I can already see a bunch of hair and nails on it. "No thanks. I'm good."

Then it happened. The sound a woman yelling for help. "Help me! Oh someone help me!"

I drape my arm over my face. Dally was already getting excited. "Not again."

"Please someone help me! Help!" It sounded like it's coming from someone over there. "Oh who will be the valiant knight who comes to save a real life princess from her curse?"

When I see everyone walking towards the cry, I groan, getting back up to follow them. We go through some trees, and end up in a clearing with a tower the loomed over us. It looked like its seen better days, that's for sure. Around it was a lop sided gate, protecting it from the world. "Who will be my prince charming?" Something was starting to sound of about this lady. "Come to me valiant knight! We shall marry, live happily ever after, and have lots of children!"

At the top of the tower, where a window was open, a red gloved hand poked out to wave, and if I look closely I could see a tiara. The Iop practically lost himself. "A princess? A beautiful damsel in distress?!" He screamed, run straight towards the building.

That's so weird, he was this crazy when he first saw Eva too, why does he do that? The moment he gets to the tower's gates, a long piece of rope was tossed down. He climbed so quick that it should be some sort of world record set by professional climbers, but instead by some Iop head. We all watch as he makes it up high. "That's it. The last ounce of intelligence has just drooled out of his mouth." Ruel muttered.

"Ah men." Eva sighed, crossing her arms disapproveingly like a mother would. "A bit of make up, some sweet talk, and they lose their head. They're all the same."

Her words remain in my head. Hmm... I grab both Ruel's cloak and Eva's skirt. "Say you two are pretty smart, right?"

They look at each other. "Well I suppose Ruel has some good habits. And the barracks didn't teach me nothing, why do you ask?"

"You see Eva, I was just wondering why Dally acts like this with every pretty girl we meet. Its kinda strange." I say. Eva goes pale while Ruel coughs into his fist. Why do they look so uncomfortable? "What? Is it something I said?"

"No no! Its just..... hard to explain to someone at your age. Didn't your mother or father ever tell you?" The enutrof asked.

I shrug. "Explained what?"

Evangelyne covers her mouth. "Oh boy."

"What? What is it?" Now I'm really curious.

Yugo comes by while Amalia go towards some sign. "What are you guys all talking about?"