The Magical World of Ruel

When one has three delicious meals in a row, you know something is bound to happen, and its gonna be bad. However I was too busy enjoying the absolute lovely taste of bread to notice. "I could eat this all day!"

I sink my teeth into the crust. "And just think Y/n, its free too." Ruel chuckled.

"That doesn't change the taste Ruel!" Eva pointed out, trying to be the good one here.

A very mouth stuffed Dally squeezed his way into the conversation. "Yep, itsh derishish!"

"I'm loving it!" Amalia said between bites.

What was even sadder then not getting the feeling that bad luck was itching around the corner, is that we were leaving today. Meaning no more bread, no more baking, just back to sleeping on good ol' dirt again. "So you made up your minds, huh?" Xav asked. "Your hitting the road today?"

"Yeah," Yugo confirmed, and ripped off another bite of bread. "I'm so happy you gave me that amazing bread recipe. I can't wait to give it to my Dad!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble Yugo," Eva's stern voice had stolen whatever excitement the boy had. "But we have to find the way to Oma Island first."

She's right, all we've been doing is getting lost and helping people. We were suppose to be on a boat by now for Xelor sake! That map... as if he read my mind, Dally opened his mouth to say, "Yes! And to do that, we have to get this damned map to speak!" Then he pulled out the very thing that everyone wanted to chuck into a lake.

"Incredible!" Ratweasel gasped. His eyes went as wide as saucers when he saw the map. Well almost everyone. "Where did you find that?"

I spoke up. "We got it from a shop in Kelba. But every time we use it, it's either too offended, or it gives us the wrong directions."

In an instant the old short man jumped on the table, and swiped it out of Dally's hands. "That's because you got swindled!" He pushed himself off of the table, and stepped closer to the fire pit. "This map contains a demon. A shushu to be exact."

That explains so... so much. Its nasty attitude, the rude comments it'd say to us, the little hint of trickery in its Aztec eyes. It makes sense. "What? You mean like Rubilax?" The shushu guardian asked, taking his own demon out.

Personally, I never knew much about shushus or demons or angelic gods or whatever, so I hadn't really got to look anything up about it. The demonic sword was in its small state, his one eye moving all around with a judgmental sneer. "Certainly not!" He almost sounded offended for a moment. "That map is a minor shushu, a servant to be exact. I'm in another class all together."

Ratweasel unfolded the demon paper,  and its ticked off face appeared. When its eyes landed on the little sword, it immediately hissed. "Go on you pretentious oaf! Flatter yourself all you want, but no matter what, your in the same shit boat as me. Locked away and guarded by a bunch of adventuring dumbasses!"

I glare at the map all the way from across the living room. Taking my fork, I use it like I'm about to stab something. "Watch it you good for nothing time waster!"

It didn't take me seriously, Rolling its pupils. "Oh please, like you could hurt me."

A loud laugh echoed from Rubilax. "That's funny, I hear a tiny insignificant voice in the distance. Wait, no no, I must be hearing things."

The map barred its teeth. "You stinky son of a bi-!"

"That's enough! Everyone!" When it got quiet, Ratweasel cleared his throat and continued. "Yes, I know it very well. I used to be its owner before the Black Crow stole it from me. I'll show you how to handle it."