Chapter 24

(Sidney's pov)

We were in my home town today for my day with the cup. Nova Scotia, was a gorgeous town. Every time I came home I couldn't help, but smile. This is where it all started for me. This is where my dad taught me how to play.

I pulled up to my house that I grew up in Addie on my side. I remembered when I stood on the front porch and hugged my parents and sister goodbye so that I could go play in the juniors in the WHL.

"You ready?" Addie's melodic voice broke me from my daze.

"Yeah, lets do this," I said smiling and grabbing the cup from the back seat of my car.

Addie and I walked into my house and I heard my parents in the kitchen.

"Hey mom, hey dad, hey taylor," I said greeting my family. I set the cup on the table and went hugged my family members. I noticed Addie was standing back just smiling.

"Honey get over here! You're going to be my daughter in law," My mom said.

Addie walked over and gave my parents and Taylor a hug before coming and standing beside me holding my hand.

"What's on the agenda today?" Taylor asked smiling.

"We are going to the children's hospital and then the towns having a party," I informed everyone.

(Addie's pov)

I wore a penguins Stanley cup shirt, jean shorts, and black sandals. I had my hair down and straitened and I was ready for the day. I still couldn't believe I was engaged to Sid.

"You know I'm happy he chose you," Tina Crosby told me smiling as we walked across the parking lot towards the entrance of the children's hospital.

I walked in and was taken back by the strong scent of medicine and cleaning supplies. If you have ever been to a hospital for any reason you know the smell I'm talking about. The smell that's so strong it makes your stomach churn and makes you want to plug your nose.

We walked to the children's wing of the hospital and I looked at all the children who had IVs in there arms and who sat in wheel chairs because they were to weak to walk.

"Oh my god," I whispered quietly as Sid went and visited with the kids showing them the Stanley cup. They all smiled brightly like they weren't even sick. They laughed and hugged Sid all of them looking like they were having the time of their lives.

After about an hour spending time with the kids that were in the play room we started heading door to door to the children that were to sick to be with the other children. As we walked door to door and saw children laying in beds with millions of wires hooked up to them. I could feel my heart break as we saw children who looked weak and ill.

"I-I'm going outside for a second," I whispered to Tina quietly before quickly leaving the hospital.

I walked outside breathing in the crisp warm air before I sat down my back leaning against the hospital. A couple of tears slipped down my cheeks. I hated seeing sick children. Knowing that some of them would never be able to get married or have kids broke my heart.

"You okay?" Taylor said sitting next to me and putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah it's just hard seeing so many sick children," I said wiping the tears off my cheeks.

"I know it is, but they're so happy to see Sid just remember that. Even though they're sick they don't think about that," Taylor said giving me a gentle smile.

"Your right. Ill be back in, in a couple minutes," I said giving Sids sister a reassuring smile.

After I pulled myself together I headed back into the hospital.

"Feeling better?" Trina asked.

"Yeah," I said smiling at her.

After we visited the hospital we were headed to the party the town was throwing for Sid. I didn't feel very well though so I opted to stay home.

"Are you okay babe?" Sid asked kissing my head as he was about to leave.

"Yeah, just not feeling to well," I said brushing it off.

"Alright we will be home later," Sid said kissing me again before leaving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N- Hey guys, So this book has about two or three chapters before the epilogue! Thanks for all the support with this book and I'm sad that it's coming to an end, but I'm happy to be able to keep writing my other books and such! Love you guys!!