Thirst

Priest woke with a jolt, gasping for air and then whimpering as a horrible burning sensation spread throughout his body, lingering in the back of his throat and growing worse with every breath. He didn't really remember too much of what had happened. He did recall the fangs of Sapphira's enemy sinking deep into his neck and how much they had taken. Priest had enough of his mind to realize that he should probably be dead. He then wondered if he was before thoughts of blood entered his mind. This made the burning sensation grew stronger and Priest felt fangs draw blood on the inside of his lower lip.
The sudden horrible realization dawned on him when the eighteen year old male with midnight black wavy hair, midnight black eyes and pale skin entered the room, an unfamiliar individual following him. She was talking to the eighteen year old and Priest could hear the quiet beating of her heart. He would have moved if every movement didn't cause agony to surge through him. The creak of the cage door alerted Priest that his captor was letting the female in with Priest. The eighteen year old watched as Priest attempted to move away from the female, vainly fighting the thirst.
He didn't speak to the female. Humans tended to become unnerved by the sound of his hollow, dead sounding voice. That, and he didn't need Priest running right now. He was personally surprised that he hadn't killed Priest when he had unlocked the cage door. "Well, mister, he don't seem to be too hurt," the female told the eighteen year old, looking at him.
"Are you sure?" The eighteen year old inquired. The reaction was expected. The female stood up and before she could attempt to run, the eighteen year old closed the cage door.
"Please mister, let me go," the female pleased.
The eighteen year old was silent as Priest somehow struggled to his feet, his mind taken over by the thirst. The eighteen year old locked the door of the cage as the female instinctively realized something was wrong. She turned to look over her shoulder and saw Priest shuffling towards her. She wasn't relieved for some reason and tried to free herself. She never got the chance before Priest sank his newfound fangs into her neck, drinking the blood that flowed down his throat.
Eventually Priest stopped drinking the blood from the now dead female. He noticed that he was still thirsty, but the majority of that burning was gone. Horror dawned on him when he realized that blood was what he needed now. He heard the door open again and looked at the eighteen year old. Pure instinct to run surged through him and Priest attempted to do so. The eighteen year old has anticipated this and grabbed Priest, knocking him to the ground and after a few seconds squashed the urge to kill Priest.
"Priest, what are you doing?" The eighteen year old questioned. Priest didn't respond, deciding that running wasn't the greatest idea. "Aren't you still thirsty?" The eighteen year old pressed. Priest heard himself whimper with a combination of desire for more blood and despair for that desire. The eighteen year old only smiled slightly and got up off of Priest. Priest was silent as he studied the eighteen year old. Slowly Priest sat up when the eighteen year old made no move to kill him.
The eighteen year old made a small movement for Priest to follow him. Priest didn't want to follow. But Priest was still thirsty. Priest reluctantly followed the eighteen year old, hoping he was a safe distance away from the eighteen year old to be able to run if need be.
Another individual was brought before Priest. This individual was gagged and bound as he struggled to free himself. The eighteen year old studied Priest as instead of approaching the human male, Priest took a step back, shaking his head slightly. The eighteen year old sighed softly and placed a hand on the human's shoulder. The human male glared at the eighteen year old and then gave a muffled cry of surprise.
The scent of blood filled Priest's nose and he hesitated in backing away. The eighteen year old stepped away from the human male and Priest walked towards the human, the scent of blood calling to him. Priest once again drank from the human before him as the thoughts of blood filled his mind.
When the heart stopped beating, Priest stopped drinking. The thirst still lingered, but it was satisfied. The eighteen year old watched as Priest stepped back. He studied Priest as Priest did his best to deny what he was now. Slowly, Priest accepted that he couldn't deny that he was no longer human. He sank to his hands and knees and prayed. Habit of prayer was something that he wondered if God would answer, or even listen to now. That thought made the prayer die on Priest's bloodied lips.
The eighteen year old carefully approached Priest, making sure that he wouldn't kill Priest when he reached him. Priest looked at the eighteen year old, somehow making sure he wouldn't run from this individual.
"Why?" Priest breathed after managing to gather enough courage to barely whisper his question.
"You're close to Miss Delauny and to draw her to me once more, I need you to be what you are now," the eighteen year old replied. "Not that you can ever be human again," they added.
"You made me what you are... For revenge?" Priest pressed.
"Yes, I won't deny that is the reason I forced the change on you," the eighteen year old answered. Priest was silent as he wondered if he should try to fight this individual or run from them. The second comment finally sank into Priest's mind and he whimpered with despair.
Even if he did run, he would need blood to satisfy the thirst. If he fought, he would probably be killed. Priest considered that thought and then decided to fight this individual.
They obviously weren't expecting Priest to strike. He gave a startled cry as Priest's hand went through his chest and wrapped around his heart. Priest felt the slight quiver of this individual's heart beating. Priest looked at the eighteen year old and saw their blood flow from their mouth. The thirst flared again and Priest removed his hand from the eighteen year old's chest and fought against the thirst as the eighteen year old's wound began to heal.
Priest wasn't able to resist the thirst for too long and his fangs sank into the eighteen year old's throat. The eighteen year old willingly let Priest drink, pushing his fledgling's head closer so he could drink more.
Priest drank until the burning faded to a dull irritation. He parted from the eighteen year old's throat and whimpered as he struggled slightly to free himself. The eighteen year old released Priest and after some time they helped Priest clean the blood from his mouth, throat and hands.
"You will have to feed every night until the need for blood becomes a craving," the eighteen year old told Priest. Priest had remained silent, but the eighteen year old saw the slight break deepen in Priest's spirit.
The rest of the night was silent. The sun began to rise and Priest desperately tried to remain awake. It was pointless and soon, Priest slipped into a deep sleep that one could easily mistake for death.
The eighteen year old dragged Priest to a room, pulled the curtains over the windows and walked out of the room, leaving the door unlocked. He knew Priest would wake with the thirst tomorrow night. He had decided that if Priest was more trouble than he was worth, he would kill Priest while Priest was feeding.