Silence

Priest was silent when Sapphira returned the following night. He hadn't wanted to rest, but he had slept. He was thirsty now and he knew that Sapphira didn't have anyone to give him. He was her prisoner, not her friend. Priest glanced at her when she stopped at the door to his cell. Sapphira studied Priest in silence.
"Your sire isn't going to save you Priest. If he were, he would have already arrived," Sapphira told Priest. Priest remained silent, hoping that she thought he was ignoring her again. Sapphira was silent again. "Tell me where he is," Sapphira ordered. Priest didn't move from his position. "Priest, this ridiculous war I started can be over. Just let me know where he is," Sapphira explained. Priest was silent, considering his options.
Unfortunately, the only thing that he could think about was blood. Fresh, warm blood. Priest didn't move or speak. The thoughts of blood made the thirst grow stronger. The burning in the back of his throat more agonizing.
"You must be thirsty," Sapphira commented after some time. Priest still remained silent, barely holding back his whimper of pain and desperation. Sapphira left and Priest shifted slightly, hoping that he would be able to get out of here. But even he knew he needed to feed if he were to accomplish that.
Sapphira didn't return and Priest fought through the pain to try and free himself. He didn't succeed in this self assigned task. He fell asleep when the sun rose and woke again the following night.
He couldn't move without pain. He was unable to breathe without ragged gasps for air. Sapphira never came to demand he tell her where his sire was. The sun rose and set again. Priest was in agony. The thirst was excruciating. It felt like liquid fire eating away at his body.
Priest's screams were painful to voice and painful to hear. He had to get away. He needed to free himself.
He struggled to move and after agonizing hours, he tried to free himself once more.
He didn't succeed and saw the rays of sunlight enter his cell through the small line in the wall. Exhaustion pulled at him and he desperately wanted sleep. Sleep evaded him this time and his thirst grew stronger, causing pain Priest didn't even think was possible.
Even the unwanted tears of anguish caused agony as they trickled down his face. Every ragged gasp for air felt like his lungs caught fire. Each tiny movement made the liquid fire eating his body surge to a horrible white hot pain. Priest spent the day willing himself to try and sleep and ignoring the agony that thinking caused.
Night fell and Priest hadn't been successful in trying to sleep. The thirst was beyond excruciating now. Priest couldn't think. Moving, breathing and thinking caused agony. The light of the moon hurt his eyes. The darkness when he closed his eyes was flecked with white and red.
The sun rose again. Priest hadn't slept. He was in too much pain. Every sound hurt his ears. Even the sound of his own heartbeat hurt. Priest flinched when he heard the sound of Sapphira's footsteps. He held back his scream of anguish, but couldn't help the slow, painful writhe that he barely managed to stop when he heard Sappphira stop in front of his cell.
She was silent. Priest took it as a blessing. Until he heard the cell door open. The hinges, though well-oiled, were loud to Priest. He couldn't hold back his whimper of a scream, the tears of agony and the anguished writhing to try and stop the sound. Of course, it only caused more pain to do this and Priest eventually stopped, tears of fire streaming down his face and knives of liquid fire stabbing his lungs and body.
Sapphira was silent as she studied Priest. Priest was dying due the thirst. Priest had been human, one of the rare few to survive the Change. His blood was different from Sapphira's. She didn't know how. She just knew this because of her own reaction to starving as well as her father telling her that Pureblood Vampires were different than Changed Vampires.
According to Father, Pureblood Vampires were far superior than Changed Vampires. Sapphira was unsure of that now. In some ways, Pureblood Vampires were superior. In other ways, Changed Vampires were the superior ones. Sapphira knew that Pureblood Vampires were born with a natural way to not starve so quickly. Changed Vampires were apparently not so lucky.
Sapphira knelt down beside Priest and ripped her wrist open with her fangs. She placed her bleeding wrist against his lips.
She knew when his thirst took over the agony of starvation. His fangs sank into her wrist, tearing it as he drank deeply. She knew why he fed as if he would never feed again. In his starved mind, he thought he wouldn't be able to feed again.
She let him feed from her. Eventually, Priest parted from her wrist. The excruciating agony was gone. Priest hissed and lunged at Sapphira. Sapphira reacted in time, blocking his attack and countering it as his fangs missed her throat. She wrapped her hands around his throat, squeezing tighter as he desperately tried to breathe.
She immobilized his struggles to throw her from him and felt his breathing become labored as she began to crush his windpipe.
Priest still fought her. Out of pure instinct to survive, he began to claw her blurred form. She had no choice but to release him. He managed to take a full breath before Sapphira was cutting off his air again.
She wasted no time in crushing his windpipe. For added measure, she then tore his throat out. Blood gushed from his torn throat and mouth as he tried to breathe. Sapphira watched as his throat began to heal. Priest struggled to a stand and fought against Sapphira as she pinned him to the floor again.
She made no move to harm him, only to restrain him. He eventually ceased his struggles and watched her with a wary gaze.
"If you continue to fight, you won't live to see another night," Sapphira told Priest. Priest was silent. He knew she wasn't lying. He also knew how badly he wanted freedom from this place. He had to be smart about this.
Sapphira waited for Priest to start struggling again and cautiously released him when he remained still and silent. Priest slowly got up after Sapphira.
"Your sire's location," Sapphira said. Priest was silent, thinking of some way to get out of this.
"Let me go. You'll only have to follow me to him," Priest cautiously stated. Sapphira studied him, considering this option. She knew Priest was right. However, she didn't want to risk fighting his sire.
"No tricks?" Sapphira questioned.
"You know as well as I do I'm not lying. And besides, what tricks am I able to pull?" Priest countered. Sapphira was silent. She wasn't sure why she thought this might be a trap, but she also doubted it.
"You're free then," Sapphira reluctantly said. Priest was silent and then raced upstairs and out of the building. Sapphira followed him when she knew he felt he was safe.
Priest would lead her right to her enemy.