Gained Trust

Priest wasn't sure how he found Allison and his maker. He just followed his gut feeling until he entered the building where they were. "Where were you Priest?" Allison hissed when she saw him. She approached him, her fangs elongated and sharpened.
"Am I able to explain before you decide to kill me?" Priest questioned, pausing for long seconds to speak in English. It was a lot more difficult than usual. Allison frowned, crossed her arms over her chest and took some steps away from Priest.
"Explain," Allison ordered when Priest was silent.
"One moment, per favore," Priest said with slight desperation. "Perche?" Priest mumbled, speaking to himself as he struggled to find the words.
"Miss Delauny-" Priest began before Allison's hand wrapped around his throat, her nails cutting into his skin and drawing blood.
"Allison, let him finish," Priest's maker's voice said before Allison could decapitate Priest. Allison gave a soft growl and released Priest. Priest regained his breath as he scrambled away from Allison. She didn't move, but watched Priest with narrowed eyes.
"You've terrified him," Priest's maker sighed. He struggled to a stand, the silver bullets that had remained embedded in his body causing agony to shoot through him.
"Very well, I will not kill him," Allison spat as she walked to Priest's maker. "You shouldn't stand," Allison said, her voice gentle.
"I'm not going to die," Priest's maker hissed. "Let him finish," he repeated. Allison sighed and remained by Priest's maker's side.
"Miss Delauny, she had me at her estate," Priest told them, unable to remember the words in English.
"Why?" Allison asked, speaking in Italian.
"You speak Italian?" Priest questioned with surprise.
"Yes. Why did Miss Delauny have you at her estate?" Allison repeated, remaining as calm as she could.
"I regained consciousness there. My meal was interrupted by a member of the Scotland Yard. She let me go after I gave her limited information," Priest reluctantly confessed.
"You what?" Priest's maker growled as he looked at Priest. Though he was badly weakened, his speed was still far greater than Allison's or Priest's. His hands wrapped around Priest's throat and he began to squeeze. Priest struggled with the same desperation that he had when Allison had done the same thing and when Pearce had forced the Change on Priest.
"Per favore," Priest managed to gasp. Pearce slowly released Priest, mainly due to the pain of the silver still in his body. Priest took a few gasping breaths and crawled away from Pearce.
"What did you tell her?" Pearce questioned when Priest was at a comfortable distance away from both him and Allison.
"I told her that sometimes you smell like tea and death. Nothing else," Priest whispered. Pearce studied Priest.
"Nothing else?" Pearce pressed.
"Nothing else," Priest confirmed. Pearce was silent, watching Priest with a blank stare. Priest was understandably terrified, but he wasn't lying.
"Good," Pearce sighed, fighting through the pain to sit down again. Priest was silent, curled in the corner and watching Allison and his maker with terror.
"He's not lying," Allison commented with surprise.
"No, he's not lying," Pearce confirmed. "Therefore he lives," he told Allison. Allison nodded with agreement.
"He's terrified," Allison said, pointing out the obvious.
"I wonder why," Pearce mumbled with sarcasm. Allison sighed and after hours, she managed to calm Priest down enough to approach him.
"I owe you an apology Priest," Allison said, speaking in English, hoping Priest was calm enough to speak in English as well. Priest only gave her a confused look. He wasn't that calm yet.
"I am sorry," Allison apologized, speaking in Italian. "I should have allowed you to explain before trying to kill you," she said. Priest was silent, but gave a small nod to let her know he had heard her.
"I am sorry as well," Pearce mumbled, unable to speak much louder than that.
"What happened?" Priest cautiously asked.
"Sapphira brought some of the Scotland Yard over. They were equipped with silver bullets. Not all of them went through him," Allison replied. Priest was silent, unsure of what to say.
"Poison?" Priest finally inquired. Allison reluctantly nodded.
"It began to take its toll on him this morning. I don't know anything about medicinal practices," Allison sighed. Priest was silent again.
"I can help, but it's been a long time since I treated a gunshot wound," Priest eventually told her.
"You know medicine?" Allison asked.
"I know some," Priest responded. "It's been a while though," he reminded her.
"That's fine. I don't want these damn bullets in me anymore," Pearce hissed.
"There's a kitchen in here, si?" Priest questioned. Allison nodded with confirmation. "Would you mind helping me bring him there?" Priest asked.
"Whatever I can do," Allison answered. She let Priest stand and walk beside her, calming him as his nervousness grew slightly. Both Priest and Allison brought their maker to the kitchen.
Priest instantly began searching the cabinets and drawers, finding the required improvised tools to remove the bullets from their maker's body. Allison had drawn water from the well and had removed it from the fire when it had begun to boil. Priest had crushed the herbs to kill the pain as much as possible and carefully removed their maker's shirt.
The wounds were oozing blood and they looked infected with black spiderwebs spreading out from around them. "Hold him down. I can't guarantee that these herbs will kill too much of the pain," Priest told Allison as he grabbed the closest thing to pliers he could find. Allison held Pearce down as best as she could as Priest began the process of removing the bullets.
Eventually, Priest had removed and treated the bullet wounds. Pearce had fed and returned to their odd place as the sun was beginning to rise.
Priest struggled to remain awake as Pearce entered the kitchen. Pearce studied Priest and sat down beside him at the makeshift operating table. Priest looked at his maker and mumbled something incomprehensible, even to himself.
"My name is Pearce. You earned my limited trust Priest," Pearce told Priest. Priest nodded with a tired groan. He almost managed to leave the kitchen, but collapsed at the door. The sun had finished rising.
Pearce gently picked Priest up and put him in his room. Allison walked over to Pearce. "Surprisingly trustworthy," Allison commented.
"Surprisingly," Pearce agreed.
"No longer troublesome?" Allison asked.
"Still troublesome, but worth the trouble," Pearce stated.
"I'll give him that," Allison said.
"Seems like he earned your trust too," Pearce commented.
"A small amount," Allison mumbled with annoyance.
"Let's hope Miss Delauny doesn't find my scent on Joseph," Pearce sighed.
"What will you do if she does?" Allison questioned. "Will you hold Priest responsible?" She pressed.
"He didn't tell her about Joseph. I think he would tell us if he had. He was a priest after all," Pearce reminded Allison.
"True," Allison agreed. "What will you do though if Miss Delauny finds Joseph?" Allison repeated.
"I don't know yet. I don't even know if she'll find him or not. If that does happen, I'll have to think of something," Pearce replied.
"Will Priest be joining us in the decisions now?" Allison questioned.
"No. He's still new. If a plan involves him though, he will know. I think that's fair," Pearce answered. Allison nodded with agreement.
"Good, now if you'll excuse me, I'm tired," Pearce said. Allison let Pearce pass and looked at Priest as he slept. She made an approving sound and headed to her room to rest as well.