Chapter 10

"My security agency has the best men and women. I can think of a few women who are amazing at what they do. We should get started with the hiring process then." Taehyung said handling the situation proactively. Once Luna had calmed herself, the duo sat down to talk business. Taehyung went as far as to suggest a safe house on some remote island. It took a while for Namjoon to knock sense into him and convince him that the attack wasn't intended for Luna and she didn't need to flee the country. Luna expressed her wish to move back to her apartment with a bodyguard until things settled down.

"I was thinking of getting a man. No offense to women intended. In no way do I believe that they can't be good at being bodyguards. I was thinking if we are discreet with this whole bodyguard thing and he could like disguise himself as my boyfriend or something. That will also put an end to the rumors."

"What?" Taehyung looked speechless for quite a second. But was soon to compose himself.

"Please allow me to accompany you seeing that I had gotten you into this mess." Taehyung requested to which Luna happily agreed. Anything if that meant she could be back in her apartment.

***

"He doesn't look strong. He is good looking which is distracting." Taehyung refuted quickly. He had been on it for a while now. Rejecting every profile that was now being shown as a presentation at the office of his security agency. 

"Taehyung, I don't think you should be rejecting everyone like that. And Luna should be the one making the decision. If anything, we are here to help her out, right?" Namjoon tried to intervene.

"I think he is good enough. His skills are stealth, physical combat, defense, and discretion. He is perfect for the role." Luna chirped. She turned over to the head of security and asked him to get the guy for an interview. Luna was too happy to have found her aid that she didn't notice the sulking actor who was melancholic at being sidelined.

"You are really fortunate Ma'am, he is in the facility right now and he says he can do the interview right away." The security head said with a smile.

"Perfect, interview it is then. Right?" Luna looked towards Taehyung to gauge a response. He nodded silently and Luna skipped to the room where the interview was being conducted. A knock sounded at the door and soon the man in the profile stood right in front of you.

"Good afternoon" His voice rang out and Luna couldn't stop but think he would be an amazing singer.

"Good afternoon to you too" Luna Chirped. "I'm Luna and I'm the one looking for a personal guard."

"Nice to meet you, Luna. I'm Jimin. Park Jimin. Happy to be of service in case you decide so." 

The interview went great much to the dismay of Taehyung. Luna had made her decision and now they were discussing the fine print and other details like the disguise of a boyfriend. Jimin would start living with Luna the next day as soon as Luna moves back into her apartment. The team managed to get him into a role at the building where Luna worked so that he could keep an eye on her at all times. Taehyung had been called back to the set and he reluctantly left the office. 

***

"Would they really fall for the act?" Taehyung asked as he paced his caravan.

"If anything, they have amazing chemistry. I think they are going to throw off the media just right." Namjoon replied not taking his eyes off his iPad cross-checking Taehyung's schedules for the day.

"I don't-" A knock on the caravan door interrupted the man and signaled that it was time for the shoot to reconvene.

The scene they were going to shoot was the first shot the two rival actors were having together. The scene was simple. The two actors walk around the crime scene that had been cleared after declaring the death a cardiac arrest. The duo then discusses why they think it isn't one. Simple. Clear and crisp. Taehyung was someone who was known in the industry for his famous one-take cuts. Then why they took over 5 takes and 2 breaks is beyond the crew. The seasoned actors found themselves calling cut themselves before they would move on to the next dialogue. Namjoon swore that he saw the director pulling his hair off. The shoot was going to take a while if things were going this way.

On the other side, Luna was packing her limited belongings to leave at the earliest Jimin would pick her up. She was doing a pre-check for what seemed like the 10th time when she saw the script book for Taehyung's upcoming drama. And lucky for her, it had mostly sketches and diagrams that almost could be used to tell what the story was about. With her analyzing skills, she was sure she could interpret the story just from the sketches without having to read all the Korean sentences strewn across the book. She sat in the living room and started off with the first page. It was an impeccable residence with a dead body in the center of what seemed like a central garden with glass walls. Central garden with glass walls wasn't an uncommon design feature, in fact, most clients wanted to get it done of course with top-of-the-state security features. But what caught her eye was the wooden louvered panels that curved across the glass wall and she for sure believed that she had seen that somewhere. A coincidence of sorts. People tended to pull ideas from Pinterest all the time. The artist had a good taste that was for sure. She was about to progress to the next sketch when the doorbell rang indicating the arrival of the top star. But his loud footsteps and yelling told her that the top star was not to be reckoned with.

 But his loud footsteps and yelling told her that the top star was not to be reckoned with

*The above images are for representative purposes only

*~*