Chapter 21

Office events weren't Luna's forte. With the tendency of a people pleaser, it was hard to garner the likes of all in the room. Yet Luna welcomed this party as a much needed distraction from all the detective work. She spend about an hour trying to decide what to wear only to pick the dress she wore to every other party. It is a safe choice! She would scream out to anyone who might as well take a double look at her outfit. Don't get me wrong. The outfit was beautiful. Finished in the deepest shades of purple with exquisite bead and thread work on the upper half with off-shoulder sleeves and pleated silk gown that flowed onto the floor with a slit on both sides. The dress was every bit beautiful but the girl had worn it like for a hundred times that it was difficult to find a party pic where she's not wearing the damn dress.

Luna caressed the dress down and put on her trustworthy heels; again for the hundredth time ever since they had been bought. She was ready to go. Jimin had promised to escort her to the event but wouldn't bother her much since the event was already high profile and the security was pretty much solid. Luna was ready to walk to the door with her purse when she heard the footsteps of the man for the very first time in her life. If Luna thought Jimin looked good, she was way wrong. The man put perfection to shame. Dressed to the nines in a black and silver outfit, he looked every bit ethereal. If...I repeat if, Luna didn't have lingering feelings for a certain somebody; she would have jumped the man, I repeat if. 

"You look gorgeous. I could do with a beautiful date like you." Jimin said with his signature smirk taking in the girl from head to bottom.

"Oh would you look at that, we are getting late to the event." Luna said looking at her watch-less wrist in an attempt to steer the conversation away from her. A giggling Jimin followed the flustered girl into their car. 

***

Taehyung had never taken more than 5 minutes to decide an outfit in his life. But today it was like the clock was taking a break. The man couldn't chose an outfit and don't you dare blame him. Namjoon waited by the dressing room looking at the man in confusion.

"Do you he is going to be there?" Taehyung asked popping his head from the mountain of clothes now on the dressing room chaise.

"If you mean Lee Gon Du, yes. If you mean Jimin, also yes. If you-"

"Got my answer. Now help me choose." Taehyung interrupted the man. The man who was hunching on the wall stood up straight and walked towards him like a man with a mission. He rustled a few clothes here and there and had picked a few pieces. 

"Here, wear this." Namjoon extended a three piece suit in the deepest shades of green.

"Perfect!" Taehyung beamed taking the outfit and proceeding to change then and there. 

"What would I have done without you?"

"Probably ended up too poor to even afford a Gucci hat."  Namjoon sassed leaving the poor man lost in thought.

***

The night was in full swing at the hotel. The design team was beaming with pride and their ever gracious host was welcoming everyone in with the biggest smiles. Luna was taken aback by the smiling man. She had seen him causing a ruckus at their office and wouldn't put past him having an evil twin or a personality disorder of sorts. Taehyung followed shortly behind engulfing the man in a hug and a playful handshake. 

"He is behaving like a totally different person. I would go as far as to say that the man is possessed." said Liam while sipping the expensive champagne the host in question had so kindly let flow endlessly throughout the party.

"I bet he is acting. Somebody give him his Oscar." Julia quipped while picking at the Hors-d'œuvre. Luna observed the crowd silently taking in the richness and glamour of a celebrity event. She tried her best to concentrate on the conversation happening around her and not the man in emerald green three piece suit. But what was our poor girl to do. Six glasses of champagne down and Luna couldn't look away even if there was a gun to her head.

Taehyung seemed to be enjoying her attention and sauntered towards the tipsy girl.

"Hello to you too" He said with a big smile.

"Oh yeah, hello. Why are you here? Oh, forget it. I am-just a bit, I don't know. Do you want a chicken lollipop? They are heavenly." Luna said extending her half nibbled chicken lollipop towards the man who didn't know how to react. Out of being polite at the offering, Taehyung tried to take the lollipop from her hand only to be met with immense resistance.

"Seems like you need it more than me." Taehyung said with a chuckle making Luna let out a sigh and resume nibbling her chicken lollipop with star eyes. Taehyung looked at the girl who was looking fondly at a piece of chicken and wondered how she would react if he told about this when she was sober. A soft piano music was playing in the background by the dance floor and he could see the gears turning in the girl's head in recognition.

"Th-a-That's, Min Yoongi!" Luna yelped.

"Yes it is. He is performing a few pieces today. Shall we go and see him up close?" Taehyung asked.

"Oh no, I can't let him see me like this. Oh no oh no oh no oh no-" Luna went down a spiral only to be held by the shoulders.

"Look at me Luna. How about we dance by his side and you could peek at him from my shoulders?" Taehyung offered the girl who seemed to be pondering her options.

"But you are too tall." 

"I could bend you know? And you could step on my feet. Say what?"

"That would be perfect. You are amazing!" Luna jumped and proceeded to kiss the man before her on his cheeks turning him into the shade of her dress. Taehyung was quick to recover from his shock leading the girl to the dance floor. He looked with amusement at the girl who would dramatically sneak a peak at Yoongi and then hide in his chest giggling like a kid. It lasted all of 30 seconds before there was the sound of a glass breaking and a shrill that sent chills over your spine. 

***