Chapter 35

"Blo*dy f*ckers! #$^%&^R^*&((*()&%#$#$!" 

"Is he not happy to see us alive?" 

"Is the Almighty YOONGI CRYING?!?"

"I really thought we would get baked in that shell."

An elated and crying Yoongi barreled onto the five souls who were looking at their surroundings as if they were on an alien planet.

"Hey Yoongi, we are okay."

"And no hero ever dies in the movie. Actually no, there was this movie-"

"Tae" Luna interrupted the man. "Where is..." Luna asked biting back rest of the question. Yoongi narrated what had gone while they were in the building and the aftermath of the blast. The gang was checked by the medical team and cleared to leave. And now it was their turn to tell him how they had ended up in the bunker.

"It was all Taehyung. He knew of this secret stairway from the master bedroom leading towards the bunker and rushed us in there in no time. Though I was skeptical of its structural integrity and the possibility of us becoming baked potatoes, things worked out great!" Luna narrated with a pep.

"You noticed the explosives first though. So its thanks to your instincts."

"But you were the one who found the bunker. You even knew how to get it to work. So it's thanks to you really."

"But you were the one who gave us hope when time was ticking by."

"And you were the one who gave me strength to keep others in check."

The back and forth between Luna and Tae kept on going and now it seemed as though they were lost in a world of their own.

"Did something happen when you were in that bunker?" Yoongi questioned the equally clueless bystanders.

"Apart from Hoseok screaming for help and narrating a tale where the survivors in a similar situate ate the others, Namjoon breaking the only light in the bunker and Luna singing your songs to motivate us and Taehyung hopelessly trying to confess to the clueless girl multiple times, nothing major happened." Jimin said as though he wasn't crying in fear inside.

"You were the one who suggested to play Stone, paper, scissors to decide who will eat whom. Not to forget that you were eyeing me every now and then." Hoseok soon retorted and started pointing fingers at Jimin. Taehyung and Luna were still at it and it was Namjoon who intervened now.

"Guys, enough. I will take the credit but stop with this compliment loop. We are getting dizzy." 

"We were just trying to give credit to the right person." Luna mumbled.

"We are alive and that's all that matters, at least for now. Now let's go home and get absolutely sloshed." Jimin proclaimed while leading the gang to their car.

"Luna" Taehyung called out.

"Hmm?"

"I like you."

"Yeah, I know." Luna said with a sly smile.

"W-what?"

"I'm not that dense to not understand what you meant by 'You are the cause of my euphoria', 'You're my penicillin', 'You are the earth to my moon' or 'I could be a hero when I'm with you'" Luna said with a shy smile turning to look at the now flustered boy. Did he really say all that? 

"And I like you too. I just didn't want to say that because we were going to die. I wanted to tell you when we got out of there alive." Luna said walking towards the man. She held his hand and looked into his tearful eyes.

"Will you go on a date with me?" 

***

"I can't believe they are crashing our date." Taehyung sulked while watching the antic of his drunk friends. The gang was halfway through Jimin's plan of getting sloshed. The agent had sniffed out the date and shamelessly joined Luna and Taehyung on their date to a private lounge one of Taehyung's friends owned.

"At this point, all of us are in a relationship." Slurred a drunk Hoseok. "Like I said trauma bond!"

"We could always go on another date, Tae." Luna said looking lovingly at the cute sulking lover boy.

"I really thought we wouldn't make it out of there alive." Luna admitted playing with the her cocktail glass. " I even wished to be reborn in the same timeline as you so I would get a chance with you. All the dramas I had seen had flashed through my mind and all I wanted was to be reborn as your soulmate or something. Now I think I'm drunk. Oh god, that was so cheezy!"

"That makes two of us. I wished for the same too. They say that love gets stronger when you have a near-death experience. It bonds us for a lifetime and give us a renewed zest to live ferociously."

"Really? Whose 'they'?" 

"Some wise drunk man in the washroom." Taehyung said chuckling while closing the distance between the two of them.

"Can I kiss you? I will die if I don't kiss you right this instant." Taehyung spoke against her lips.

"Oh, really? Then I need to save you right? After all, you did save us all tonight." Luna whispered before kissing the man. The two of them lost in their own world. Maybe the near-death experience made their love stronger or maybe it gave these cowards the courage to finally act upon their feelings.

***

"I'm telling you right. It was just like how the hero dies in a movie. I though I died when I lost consciousness. And when I woke up, it was like rebirth. I looked around and saw her waiting by my bed. She looked at me with all the love in the world and I just knew that our love had gotten stronger." The doe-eyed man narrated his tale to Yoongi was in the washroom.

"And how did you lose your consciousness?"

"Oh that was because of bloating and heart burn. But that's not important. The important part is that the near-death incident took our relationship to a better stage."

"Looks like everyone's got a different definition for near-death. Anyways, good luck on your relationship and it was nice to meet you-"

"Jungkook, you can call me Kook though."

"Yeah, Jungkook. Something says we will be meeting again."

"I doubt that. I'm a jobless scriptwriter and this is the pity party by my senior before they are firing me."

"Let's just say that maybe sooner or later a script work for a superstar movie might fall into your hands."

"Yeah and I am friends with the great Min Yoongi. You got to be real my friend. Things don't work that way." Jungkook said dejectedly looking away.

"Maybe near-death experiences bring in luck too. See you around Kook."

*~*

Author's note -

Hello dearest readers. And that's a wrap. This was the final chapter to Turquoise Summer. There will be an Epilogue to finish of this story beautifully. Lot's of hints have been dropped in this chapter and I hope you caught them all.

I can't believe it either that this story has come to an end. I will be talking more about how this story came into being in my author's note on the Epilogue. I'm still not ready to say goodbye to this one. 

Thank you for reading so far. Hope you had a good time reading this story as I had writing this story. See you soon in the Epilogue.

Adios,

The Smeraldo Girl