Family

Love is wonderful. It has been a year since that day in the field of flowers. A year since we admitted we loved one another. And it has been the best year ever.

So much has happened. Eli and I have found the perfect den. The area is full of prey. There is a river a little ways away. And there are no humans. Plus...

"Mom wake up." I am pulled from my train of thought by one of my three kits. Two boys and one girl. The boys are Jack and Blaine. The girl is Rose.

"I'm up. I'm up." I say as I stand. The kit that woke me was Blaine.

"Mom! Jack is biting my tail again." Rose screams from outside. Jack is always annoying Rose.

Rose is very independent. She almost never asks for my help. She thinks that she would be okay alone if we ever left her by herself but I know different.

Jack loves playing with his brother, sister and his dad. He is hyper all the time. He is more of a daddy's boy.

Blaine is the momma's boy. He is constantly by my side. He is always the one that wants to sleep next to me.

I walk out of the den to Jack and Rose. "Jack, let go of your sister's tail." I say. He lets go but starts bouncing around her.

I turn in circles, trying to keep up with all of them. Blaine was standing next to me, diving out of the way of his siblings.

I stop turning. "Jack! Rose! Stand still!" They all stop running and come stand in front of me. "Good," I continue. "Where's your father?"

Rose steps forward. "He's hunting."

Blaine comes toward me. "How come you don't hunt, Mom?"

"Because you father is better at hunting then me and I am better at taking care of you three." I walk into the den and the kits follow.

Eli walks in. He is carrying two mice and a rabbit. "You talking about me?" He drops the prey and turns around to get the ones he left outside. He comes back in with another mouse and rabbit.

"Yes. Just that you see the hunter and I am the care-giver." I say, laying my forehead on his shoulder.

"Good. I'm starving." Rose says. She walks up and takes one of the mice. As she is walking away, I fake clearing my throat. "Thank you." she says over her shoulder.

Blaine and Jack walk over and get their mice. Of course Jack gets the bigger of the rodents. They say thank you and begin eating.

Eli pushes one of the rabbits with his nose over to me. "Thank you, Eli." I take a bite. He grabs his and eats beside me.

Once we all finish eating we lay down to go to sleep. Rose lays farthest away from me on the other side of her dad. Jack lays on Eli's front legs under his chin. Blaine does the same but with me.

They all fall asleep quickly. Eli, like always waits for me to go to sleep before going to sleep himself. I close my eyes and drift into my sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really enjoy writing this story for all of you.
Comment and Vote.
~A.K