Memories

Shade. I kept repeating his name in my head. I hadn't noticed how much I missed my brother till Raven said his name.

"Shade," I say to myself.

"What?" Eliot says. Raven, Eliot, and all the kittens look at me.

"My brother's name is Shade." I admit.
"He is one reason I had to leave my family."

Raven steps forward. "I'm so sorry. I-"

"It doesn't matter now." I say. "He abandoned me and I prefer not to think about it."

"We should find somewhere to sleep." Eliot says, changing the subject.

"You can stay here. We have plenty of space." River says.

"Yeah, it will be fun." Maple agrees.

"It's your Mom's decision if we stay or not." Eliot says.

"I don't mind. We do have plenty of space."

"Thank you, Raven." Eliot says.

"No problem." she answers. She turns to her kittens. "You all go play."

The kittens run around the tree, their paws crunching in the snow. "I hate to ask this but, do you think you could watch the kittens for me? I still need to eat some more." Raven asks.

"Of course we can." I answer. I walk around her and the tree to look at the kittens. They are leaping all over each other and making a lot of noise. Raven says 'thank you' and walks off.

Eliot comes up next to me. "How hard could this be?"

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

What were we thinking when we decided to watch these animals. They can't be controlled. Eliot and I have had to drag kittens back to the den at least 3 times. We would get one kitten back and another one would run off.

"Ivy, can you go get Maple?" Eliot says with Storm in his mouth.

"I can't. I have to get River." I run and pick up River. I drop her of inside the den. "Stay here, please."

I almost run into Eliot as I go to get Maple. He is carrying Storm. "I'll get her now. Watch them." Shade has been the only one that stayed still in the den.

I run where I had saw Maple before. "Maple, where are you?" I sniff the air and follow her scent.

"Hi, Miss Ivy." Maple says somewhere to my right. I turn.

"Maple, whatever you do, don't move." I walk toward her. She is standing on the edge of 2 very large Black Paths. I think of how I had chased my prey onto a Path where it was killed.

"You have to catch me." She turns to run. I leap forward and bite onto her tail. "OW! Stop that! You're hurting me!"

I hold on as tight as I can, but she is too small. Her tail slips out of my mouth, bringing fur with it and she begins to run. "No!"

Fortunately, there had been no fast things coming. There is a long patch of grass and snow on the other side of the Black Path before another one appears.

I run as fast as I can just barely making it without getting hit only to miss my chance to grab Maple. "Meanie. Stay away." She runs to the opposite side and almost gets hit by the fast things. These ones are going in the opposite direction.

"Stop please." I plead. I run after her dodging the things flying by.

She stops halfway across and screams as one goes right past her. I grab her by the scruff and turn. I wait a second as one of the things slows down and stops. I run to the line of grass and stop.

"Maple!" Someone yells. I look around. Eliot, Raven, and her kittens are on the other side of the Path.

Maple screams. I turn and see what she is busting my eardrums for. There are humans getting out of their thing and walking toward us.

I begin running toward the Black Path. I wait for an opening and run. I get halfway and stop. A human on a smaller thing with two round things stops and pulls over. He walks over to the other humans. He pulls out a small stick like thing.

I begin running across the other half, forgetting to look and see if anymore are coming. I turn my head as I am running. The front of the very large, very fast object is almost on me.

I throw my head back and throw Maple as hard as I can across the Path. She lands right next to her mother. Next thing I know, the thing hits me. I black out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A cliff-hanger.
Sorry I haven't updated in a while.
Question- Do you think I should make my chapters longer? Comment and vote.
~A.K :)