Friend or Foe

Sorry for all the changes I am making. I am trying to figure out how I want to write this. I'm going back to first person.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

It has been four days since Maddie was taken away from me. I have found another Black Path and am following it.

There have been two more creatures that were hit by the fast things on the road. I try not to remember when I would get into one of the fast beasts at the Grey house.

I turn off the Black Path and walk into the woods. I lift my nose to get a smell any prey. The scent of a rabbit is all I find.

I walk towards the smell. I find the rabbit sitting in a opening. The wind is working in my advantage: blowing rabbit's scent to me and my scent behind me.

I get ready to pounce on my prey. As I crouch down, it begins to snow. I don't pay any attention to the snow.

Somewhere to the side of me, I hear a stick break. So does the rabbit. It begins to run away.

I panic and start chasing it. Whatever broke the stick has started chasing it, too. It is behind me so I can't see what it is. I continue chasing the rabbit anyway.

When I am close enough to my prey, I leap onto it. Breaking its neck in one bite.

"That's my prey." someone says from behind me. "Give it to me."

"No way." I say, turning to see another fox staring back at me. "I caught it."

"I would have caught it if that stupid stick wasn't in the way." he grunted, pushing away the closest stick to him.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Eliot. You?" he asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Ivy." I answer, lifting my head higher.

He straightens his head. "So Ivy, where you going?"

"Why do you want to know?" I ask, lower my head and showing my teeth.

"Just wondering. So?" he says, taking a step back.

"I don't know. I am just traveling. My family kicked me out." I answer. "Why am I telling you this? I don't even know you."

"My family kicked me out, too. I'm looking for a place I can stay forever." Eliot answered. "Maybe we could travel together."

"Why? Like I said before, I don't even know you." I say.

"You can trust me. I wouldn't hurt anything but my prey. Which you still are keeping from me. What do you say?" he asked taking a few steps toward me.

"Fine. But if you do anything that annoys me, your gone." I say.

"Good." he walks toward me and takes a bite of the rabbit.

I walk over and take a few bites myself. Maybe this won't be so bad.