Escape

Am I dead? No, I can't be. Where am I? Why is it so dark? Maple! Where is she? Is she okay?

I wake up. I try to move but can't feel anything. All I can see is a grey wall.

"Help!" I scream. "Where am I?"

"She's awake. Step on it." a voice says. A human face appears in front of me. "Hey girl. It's okay. It's okay." She begins to stroke my head. I try to move but can't.

"I am not going to get a ticket for a fox. The closest animal hospital is miles away." says the person in the front.

I have to find Eliot and Raven, I think to myself. I begin whimpering. I had not noticed before that my back feels like it was crushed by a giant rock.

"Hurry, Ryan. Wait. Go to the hospital." says the human still stroking me.

"Where do you think I'm going? The movies?"

"The human hospital. We're already in an ambulance." The two continue talking until the one upfront says 'Fine, Lucy. We will go to the human hospital.'

Before long they are sliding me into a box. They close the top, but I can still hear. "The closest animal hospital is a 40 minutes drive. And she needs help now." says the person that had comforted me, Lucy.

I chew a hole in the side if the box and look through it. "I don't know." says someone standing next to Lucy.

"Please."

"We will see what we can do." says one of the people walking toward me. I lay down so they can't see me through the hole. "Sedate her so we can get x-rays."

Lucy opens the box with a pointy thing. She brings it to my leg. "This won't hurt." Liar! My head pops up.

"Calm down." Lucy says to me. I turn and nip at her. I whimper. My back being to painful.

I begin to feel dizzy. My eyes lids become heavy and soon I am unconscious.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Eliot's P.O.V.

They took her. The people in the metal-beast took Ivy. Raven had taken the kittens back to the den. She felt bad that she couldn't help rescuing Ivy.

Now I am chasing the metal-beast. It is going faster than I can run. More metal-beasts pass me. Soon, I can't see it anymore.

My legs begin to ache. I can't stop. I have to find her.

The wind continues pushing against me. Making it even harder to run. Fortunately, the wind brings Ivy's scent to my nose.

I follow her scent to a tall object. On the side, human language is written. A tree is in the way and all I can see is 'hospital'.

As I approach I see the metal-beast that had captured Ivy. Two humans climb out. One holding a box, the other shaking its head.

I crawl through the bushes, ducking when humans approach. I reach an opening in the side of the hospital. I move back when a human walks through the opening. The human disappears and then it closes.

I walk forward and it opens. I pause, then walk through. Humans with white coats walk around, with a few with different colors coats. Humans rush around. Almost everything is white. There are some plants in the corner. I duck behind one.

No one has notice me yet. There is a group of humans in the center. A box sits in the middle of them. There is a hole in the side but I can't see what is inside.

I watch as one of the humans walk over to a stationary object, grabs a small pointy thing, and walks back over to the box. They open it and stick the object inside. I hear a whimper.