The Inside

Over the past 2 and a half days; Maddie has came out in the morning, brought me food, left, stayed gone for hours, came back, stayed with me for a while, had her father come out with things on his hands, stuffed me in the crate, took me inside the house, changed the cast on my leg, took me outside, put me on the cage, left, and repeat.

Plus they have put some weird thing around my neck that they call a collar.

Now, we are at the part where she is gone for hours. And I am so bored. Nothing ever happens. They brought things out that squeak, but there are annoying.

Maddie's mom should be getting back in one of those fast moving things called cars, soon. She gets here faster than Maddie. Though, she doesn't come out and sit with me.

"Hey Storm," she says when she comes out for the first time. "I brought some treats from the vets. He thought you might like them."

She drops the treats in front of me. I sniff at them. It wouldn't hurt to try them, I think. I stand and limp over to it. I take a bite out of one. They're good. I take another bite.

"Guess he was right." She says. She pulls out another and says for me to come over there. I slowly walk toward her. I stop a few feet away. "Come one." I walk toward her again.

As I am taking a bite she pulls a long, bendy stick out and attach it to my collar. I try to run away. But can't go farther then a few feet. I pull on it.

"It's okay, Storm. Calm down. It's just a leash."

I turn a look at her. I calm down.

She opens the door to the cage. I step back. She pulls on the leash and I can't help, but follow her. As she pulls on the leash, the leash pulls me.

"Stay calm." she tells me. "The doctor told me that I need to take you on a walk."

She takes me around the house and I see it. One of the fast things and the black path. I whimper.

"It will be okay. Come on." I look up at her. She doesn't look at me.

She turns on to the black path. All we do is walk.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

By the time we get done with the walk, I am really tired.

I begin to walk around the house when Mom pulled the leash toward the house.

"You're staying in tonight. There is suppose to be another storm." she tells me.

I can feel the wind picking up. Shivering, I walk toward the house. Mom takes me up some steps and pauses. She looks down at me. "Welcome to the inside of the house."

She opens the door. I freeze. There are so many things inside here I have never seen before.

I hear a click behind me and turn. She has released me from the leash. I turn away from her. I walk toward something that is taller than me. It looks like I could jump on it. I spring up to it only to find myself sinking a little. I fall over.

Mom starts laughing behind me. I stand up and look at her.

"Follow me."  We walk to a wooden door. She opens it. "This is Maddie's room."   She closes the door and continues walking. I follow her as she shows me around the house.

"This is where you will sleep tonight." she says. We are back in the place where we came in at. She is pointing at one of those blankets in a corner. Before I can reach the blanket, the door flings open. Maddie has appeared.

"Hi Mom. Hey Storm." Maddie says as she starts walking toward me. I shrink back on to the blanket and lay down

"Careful honey." Mom says pulling her daughter back. "Let's let her get some beauty sleep." she continues as they walk out, some how making it dark.

I curl into a ball and lay my head down. This day has been really strange. I'm just glad it is over. I close my eyes. And sleep.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

Sorry it has taken so long for me to post this chapter.

I am thinking of  changing the story into the 3rd person. Tell me what you think.

Anyway, comment and vote.

And if you have any suggestions,  feel  free to tell me.