Run Away

3rd P.O.V

It has been two weeks since Ivy was allowed inside the house. The family taking care of her have allowed her to come inside every few days. The family has taken her to the vets every three days.

Ivy wakes to find a bowl of food and water in front of her. She stands up and looks around. Maddie and Mom are looking at her. The tall one called Dad is standing with his back turned to Ivy.

"Good. She's awake." Maddie says. "The vet will be here soon."

"How is it a good thing that she is awake?" Dad says.

"Jerk. I wish I could bite you right now." Ivy growls back.

"Watch it, fox. You growl at me again and I'll hit you." Dad says.

Ivy walks over to her food bowl. But before she can take a bite, the door bell rings. Ivy jumps at the weird noise.

"Come in." Mom says as she opens the door to reveal the vet.

Ivy stands up to get a better look at him. He is not as tall as Dad but still is tall.

"Hello Doctor Smith." Mom says.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Grey. How is she?" Doctor Smith asks. He walks over to Ivy and pets her. He is wearing something over his hands.

"Will you be able to take the cast off?" Maddie asks.

"I believe so. She is walking on it fine and isn't favoring it anymore." Doctor Smith puts a leash on Ivy and walks her to the bathroom.

He unwraps the bandages and takes off the cast. Ivy prepares for the pain she had weeks ago, but it never comes.

Ivy stands and wiggles her leg. She has wishes that it had come off sooner.

Doctor Smith puts the leash back on her and walks her into the living room.

He leads her over to the blanket in the corner. He unclips her leash and walks over to the Grey family. They talk to low for Ivy to hear.

"Finally. This cast is off." Ivy says to herself. Ivy closes her eyes and falls asleep.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Ivy wakes up to Maddie and Mom screaming at each other. Maddie looks over at Ivy. Then to the leash hanging by the door.

Ivy listens to them scream at each other up until nighttime.

Ivy is about to fall asleep when Maddie comes into the living room. She walks over to the leash. Ivy stares at Maddie as she picks up the leash and clips it onto Ivy's collar.

"If Mom won't let me keep you, then you're coming with me." Maddie says as she opens the door, pulling Ivy along with her. They walk into the woods.

Ivy walks with her till it is almost daylight before Maddie stops and sits down next to a tree.

"What am I doing? I can't take care of you Storm." Maddie says. "That doesn't mean I am going back though."

Maddie reaches for Ivy's leash. She unclips it. They stare at each other. Maddie stands up and starts walking away from Ivy. Ivy follows her.

"No. You can't come with me." Maddie says holding up her hand to stop her.

Ivy jumps as a group of men run up to her and Maddie.

"Maddie Grey?" one asks.

"Yes." Maddie answers.

"Your mother has been worried sick." another says.

Ivy stands and watches as Maddie and the group of men talk. She stays still when the men lead Maddie away.

Ivy can't help but whine as the men take her companion away.

I just started liking her, Ivy thinks.

Ivy looks at her surroundings. She sniffs the air. She smells a mouse. Ivy turns her head to see it walking across a fallen tree. She starts chasing it. She missed chasing her own prey, but also missed having company.

:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;

I hope you all are liking my story.

I am sorry if it takes me a while to update a new part.