[07]

They ended up walking together to Jimin's first shift, which was obviously with Yoongi. Totally wasn't intentional. Nope. Not at all.

Jimin felt warm and bubbly despite the cooling weather outside, and as they entered the shop, the sun hadn't even peeked out yet, still hiding behind the towering buildings and billowing hills.

Yoongi fumbled with the keys sleepily, stifling a yawn as he opened the door, letting Jimin in first before walking in himself. They walked in through the back, where all the storage was, before leading Jimin to the open bar. "This is it," Yoongi said with a smile. "I'll be fixing myself some coffee. You up for that?" Jimin nodded meekly, sitting himself on a high stool they had in the open kitchen.

"Preference?" Yoongi began preparing the machines, and Jimin watched closely. ".. black. Just black."

The barista gave him a pointed look before sighing. "You know, I could just fix you a protein shake. Tastes better." He added, and Jimin shook his head firmly. Yoongi tried again, coaxing him with a gentle voice. "How about a tea latte? Those are good, won't make you bloated or anything, and aren't too racking in calories. What about that?"

Stomach filling with butterflies, Jimin nodded nervously, and Yoongi pinched his cheek endearingly.

"I'm sure your dance troupe won't care if you gain a little more cheek to pinch," And Jimin snorted, nodding along wistfully. "Yeah, I miss my cheeks, to be honest. Our ballet instructor is just.. really.."

"Overboard?" Yoongi said at the same time Jimin said, "A big Russian wannabe."

They shared a glance as Yoongi was grabbing the french press, promptly bursting into laughter.

"A Russian wannabe, you say? What would that be? Russia-boo? Do those even exist?" Jimin coughed out, wheezing from laughing so hard, wiping a tear that had managed to slip with a smile. "Honestly, probably," He let out a huge sigh as Yoongi brewed the tea. "I wouldn't be surprised. She's on a whole nother level, trust me."

"Oh, I trust you, alright." Yoongi pressed the tea. "But Hoseok never had to deal with the diet shit, and aren't you two in the same troupe or something?"

Sighing, Jimin adjusted his seat on the stool, watching Yoongi prepare the tea latte intently. "Nah, we're in the same troupe, but I major in ballet. The hip hop is just on the side. Hoseok doesn't take ballet."

"That would be a sight to see," Yoongi muttered, focused on pouring the tea saturated drink into a mug before pouring in milk and sweetener. Quirking an eyebrow, Jimin swung his leg out to tap at Yoongi's leg, the older looking up at him questioningly.

"Isn't this just milk tea?" The barista nodded without any other qualms, unfazed by his question. Jimin continued. "Then why is it called a 'tea latte'?" Yoongi shrugged. "Hey, don't ask me, ask the tea gods or something. Now don't change the topic. What's up with your toxic dance teacher?"

"Oh, yeah, her," Jimin accepted the drink, sipping tentatively and sighing, satisfied. "She tells us to diet lots. Talks about our legs a lot. We have this girl in our class, Byulyi, and she's got amazing legs, you know? Basically, we get compared to her a lot. Need toothpick thin legs to dance." He shrugged. "That's how it is sometimes. Ballet is literally a lifestyle, and sometimes you gotta mold yourself to that lifestyle."

Yoongi wasn't having it though.

"That's wrong," He said simply as he cranked the machine again to prepare an americano for himself. "I've seen plenty of ballet dancers doing perfectly fine without toothpick legs. In fact, especially for male dancers, don't they need that extra muscle?"

"Actually, if you have too much outer thigh muscle, we're technically using the wrong muscle. It's inner thighs we're working for, as well as calves. But yeah, I guess boys are held to different standards in ballet. After all, it's the men who do the jumps and tricks. Lifts, too. Ah, I can remember clearly the first time I dropped someone." Jimin chuckled, Yoongi sending him a bewildered look. "I was, what, fifteen, sixteen? She wasn't hurt, though, I caught her in time."

The barista poured the espresso shots into his plastic cup. "Huh," He looked bewildered. "Ballet is.. weird."

"Weird is an understatement," Jimin added, and Yoongi nodded, agreeing.

They sat in silence for a long time after Yoongi finished making his drink, taking a long sip, both just inhaling the coffee aroma and the tidbit of tea wafting around.

"Anyways, wanna try making a coffee? Today will be your walk-through day, so just be ready." Yoongi set his cup aside, wiping his hands with a towel before placing them on his hips, smiling softly at Jimin, who also set his tea latte (or milk tea?) down.

"Of course, 'm ready for anything," He replied with a cheeky smile.

______

2022. 11. 05