[09]

As they hugged, Yoongi murmured something in Jimin's hair, and he didn't quite catch it.

Jimin pulled away to look Yoongi in the face, wide eyes.

"What was that?" A small hand reached up to cup Yoongi's pale skin, feeling the warm flush spreading across his cheeks.

"I said," Yoongi took a deep breath, never averting his gaze from the beauty in front of him. "Do you see them too?" With that, Jimin didn't need to know what them was, he just knew, it was familiar, and he hadn't met another string-seer in ages. His crescent eyes widened, nodding slowly as his gaze was trained delicately on Yoongi's slanted eyes.

"Then can you see?"

Another nod.

The smile Yoongi had on his face almost willed away all of Jimin's questions, but he pulled him in for another snuggle before quickly taking his hand, pulling him to the tree. The two walked up to the tree, Yoongi reaching his hand out to touch it, unknotting it carefully before unwinding it and showing it to Jimin. The dancer had a look of awe on his face, looking at the held string and then Yoongi, back and forth, back and forth.

".. You can touch the strings?" Jimin's mouth was shaped into a pretty 'o', and Yoongi nodded, holding the thin strands carefully. ".. Does that mean you can also cut strings?"

The barista shook his head. "No, I can only touch them."

Things started to piece together in Jimin's mind. "Then.. You were the one who tied our strings on a tree, didn't you?" The dancer reeled back a little, Yoongi's hand unconsciously reaching out for him, falling back to his side. "Why.. Why, Yoongi? I had lived all my life thinking I didn't have a soulmate, just for it to be my ignorant 'other half' tying it around a tree? Do you know how much that hurt?" The more Jimin talked, the angrier he became, fists slowly clenching. "Yoongi, did you even think about what you were doing?"

Hanging his head a little, Yoongi shook his head reluctantly. "It was.. complicated. I.. For so long, Jiminie, you have no idea, I didn't know what to do with myself, and I didn't want to trouble my soulmate, so I-,"

"You fucking tied out strings to a fucking tree? Yoongi, are you fucking stupid?"

Wincing, Yoongi looked off to the side, pressing his lips together. "Jimin- it's complicated."

"Did you really want to play a joke? Did you think that it would be funny if-,"

"Goddammit, Jimin," Yoongi yelled, before immediately regretting it, seeing the younger's hurt face. He faltered, wilting like a flower before nodding his head over to their apartment. "Jus.. Let's just get back to our apartment. I can explain more there."

Jimin looked at Yoongi for a long time before nodding warily, all the bursting emotions he had in his chest shattering immediately.

When they arrived at the apartment, Jimin took a deep breath before looking over at Yoongi- his soulmate, his brain helpfully supplied, and the dancer suddenly had an urge to slap his brain upside the head.

"Okay," He said finally, sitting on the bed carefully. "Explain."

Yoongi took a deep breath like Jimin, sitting beside him, well aware that he needed to keep his distance, so he shuffled away a little.

"Well.. I guess... God, I have fucking dumb reasoning. Looking back, I don't know what propelled me to do it, but I just did, I guess, I thought that no one would want me as a soulmate, and even thought about cutting the strands at first- fuck, I don't know. I just.. deemed myself as unlovable. Especially since, you know, fucking phases or whatever, I-,"

"You use the word 'fuck' a lot," Jimin commented weakly, a small smile on his face.

The older paused, blush returning to his face as he looked back down, lips pouting a teesny bit.

"An- Anyways. I.. made a dumb fuck decision- I didn't know you could see strings, I really didn't.. Fuck, no, I did. It was.. I saw you a long time ago, when we were younger, and I could see that our strings were together, you know?" Jimin nodded, letting him continue. "But.. you were with someone."

Furrowing his brow, Jimin cocked his head. ".. With?"

"Yeah.." Yoongi bit his lips. "And you two kissed."

The older could see the breath caught in Jimin's throat. "I.. We.." Jimin remembered. Back when he was in middle or high school, something of the sorts, he had a relationship, just to test things out, and when they kissed, Yoongi must've seen it, and guilt riddled him, even if he hadn't cheated, or been unfaithful, it felt like that. Relationships outside of a fated link were almost taboo, though.

"So.. So I took the thread we had, and.. Did my best to hide it. I wanted you to be happy, right? It's.. It's so complicated, what I felt, Jimin, but I knew that if you found your thread, you'd leave the person making you happy for me, and I never wanted you to love me just 'cos we're fated or anything, so I left it at that. I kinda recognized you from the coffee shop- you looked really familiar, so.." Yoongi gulped, looking a little guilty. "I brought you over to the tree when you fainted, since it was on our way, and i found out that it was you.."

Jimin scooted closer so their thighs were touching, shoulders bumping, and he promptly threw his arms around the barista, snuggling the shit out of him. The older choked a little before wrapping his arms around the dancer's waist as well, letting him slip into his lap.

"Silly," Was all Jimin said, shaking his head and burrowing his face into Yoongi's neck. "Fuckin' silly, that's what you are. What made you think that I wouldn't love you? Yoongi, that's what we're made for."

"Still-," Yoongi tried to say, but Jimin cut in. "No, Yoongi, I don't think you understand." Jimin cupped Yoongi's face with his hands, the electric sparks coursing throughout their bodies.

Yoongi stared, relishing in the cool touch and the ecstasy his touch brought before deciding to speak again.

"Then make me," And maybe Yoongi cringed a little whispering that, but it was worth the plush lips pressing against his in the end.

_____

2022. 11. 05